• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Abolisher needs a new computer

Abolisher

Administrator
-OZ-bonza said:
Antagonist said:
i to am in the market for a new computer.. just the guts as well.. my old computer is agp and outdated...
this is the place where is usually buy my parts from
http://www.ple.com.au
do they seem overpriced? ive been told there quite expensive.. interested in spending about a grand

Go to MSY technologies. Shitty website but they're the cheapest but far.

Do you need advice on parts?
yeah parts and brands whats good and what to stay away from
intel or not
what motherboard chipset etc.

nelots

-OZ-noobItUp said:
Maybe, but the cheeky fecker wouldn't take my order and call me when the stuff came.
Your shiny dome mixed with the chewbacca body fur may have intimidated him. Next time show up after shaving the body and not the head? :banana:

Abolisher

Administrator
yeah still looking sorry ive been busy with some other things atm but the rents are going to pay for half of it now but i have to wait .... so by time i go to buy its prices would have changed ect XD

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Give me a whistle when you're close to being cashed up if you are happy with 2nd hand stuff yeah? Should be able to set up a decent quad core upgrade for ya.

Whereabouts are you mate?

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
twitch said:
I got a new pc :D
also try staticice I got most of my stuff through there
Brisbane I got my stuff from PC Shopper mainly, good customer service, decent prices. What I don't' get form there I get from MSY :)

The Admiral

UMart has good prices occasionally. Cheapest 750GB portable HDD I've found so far, though come to think of it, I haven't searched for one in staticice.

PCShopper is okay, but they aren't always the cheapest. Computer Alliance > PC Shopper because it is closer to home.

nelots

I find using portable hdds with their own power to be more reliable than those weak passbooks.
Each to their own I guess.

The Admiral

Yeah, but I basically want to treat it as a big usb - just plug it into a uni computer, or a friends laptop at uni, or to just quickly transfer things between my laptop upstairs and my media centre downstairs. I already have a 500GB external sitting behind my monitor up here, so it's just an expensive massive USB I'm look for really. If I was going to use it permanently attached to my computer though, I'd definitely have one with ac power though, yeah.

The Admiral

Can't edit my post for some reason. Weird. Anyway. This is my latest find, after seeing terrible reviews of the WD Portable's built in software.

http://umart.com.au/pro/products_listne ... &sid=56248

640GB for $104. USB powered. Good reviews.

Plus, it's a Samsung drive, and they're quite good for speed and sound, despite being used as generic drives. But it means it'll match in with my TV's :D