• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Beef Stroganoff

Bandido

ET Moderator
Quickly fry 600g of good quality beef strips and remove.
Fry 250g of diced mushroom's with a chopped small onion.
Add beef back into pan then add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, 1/2 cup water, 3 drops of Tabasco sauce, 3 crushed beef cubes, 2 tab spoon of tomato paste, 150ml cream (depending how creamy you like it, start with less). Mix a teaspoon or 2 of cornflour with some cream to thicken.
Bring to boil then simmer for 10 min.
Enjoy its yum

Bandido

ET Moderator
I cooked it tonight and you have to go by taste a bit. I only put in 100ml of cream but used 4 beef cubes. Depends how you like it.

Bandido

ET Moderator
I just weighed the mushies and it was about 100g,I normally use 4 big ones but have never weighed them, and the meat was enough for four people. As for wine I don't use it cause the kids wont eat it. But I've never tried it in beef stroganoff how much would you use.

bloodnut

ET Moderator
I've never actually ever cooked beef stroganoff so not really sure. I cook something with similar ingredients, beef burgundy, but it has pepper and no tabasco, so dunno how it would work out. If you were feeling adventurous, maybe try half a cup and see how it goes. It has cream to thicken so I'm not sure. Most of the alcohol should be removed through cooking, but I'm afraid I'm not sure if the wine may cause the cream to curdle or something nasty like that.

Abolisher

Administrator
Bandido said:
I just weighed the mushies and it was about 100g,I normally use 4 big ones but have never weighed them, and the meat was enough for four people. As for wine I don't use it cause the kids wont eat it. But I've never tried it in beef stroganoff how much would you use.

you don't put wine in because you don't want the kids to have alcohol. if your gonna tell a story tell it right :p

nelots

^Harden up ladies, 1 cup of wine has less than 13% alcohol, so its less than 1 shot per cup and after being cooked off plus diluted with the strog pot, the alcohol content is pretty much negligible.

Bandido

ET Moderator
Too right nelols. I'm more concerned weather the kids will eat the meal I've put so much time into, not giving them a teaspoon of alcohol. A little bit of red wine is probably good for them but if they wont eat it why waste your time and money.

nelots

Red wine adds a bit of richness and acidity to the dish, the overall taste of the dish would still be beefy and if its winey then you've simply put too much.
Usually people would put half water, half wine but if you're a pansy do 3/4 water to 1/4 wine.