• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Callvote: How to

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
On request here is another tutorial on how to use the call voting system within the Enemy Territory game. To make a vote you have to have console open which is done by simply pushing the tilde key (~).

- Then type

Code:
/callvote command parameters
An example is for a vote kick

Code:
/callvote kick racoon
- Sometimes if the parameter section requires a space between in it due to it having two words or such (as for voting commands you cannot put partial names it must be their full name, or play number which can be received by doing !listplayers in the console), then put quotation mark around the paramters section like this.

Code:
/callvote kick "-OZ-Black Racoon"
- There are a quite a few callvote options I will them below, a few are only unique to the OZ etpub server such as bots, but the rest can be globally used on most mods in ET.

List of Call vote Commands

- To see a list of all the commands for callvote type /callvote and hit enter and it will display all available commands for voting you can call.

The Special bots Command

- One of the special commands to OZ is bots. To use bots type

Code:
/callvote bots 1
, to turn the bots on and

Code:
/callvote bots 0
Sometimes you will have to callvote them off before you can turn them on, due to a technical issue and the mixture of some admins turning bots on and off via shrubbot commands instead of voting. However for those who don't have that command callvote is the way to go.

Kind Regards, BR

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heh, I think br tried this out the other day. A callvote came up and he got f1'd hard. Was most amusing.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Frogma said:
why do you promote firefox in your signature? Do you work for mozilla or something?
I am guessing its because he doesn't like IE?

The way I see it using IE is like having aids. Its bad - you don't want to go there.

So by promoting firefox is like saying "don't get aids".

This is just basic good advice / life skills.

Trigger Happy

MyJuliet said:
You can not vote if you are a spectator, I think, you have to fight.
Who are you, why are you digging up old threads and why are your posts so hard to read (this being the only one that made any sense)

Cheers

Frawgmah

Who are you, why are you digging up old threads and why are your posts so hard to read (this being the only one that made any sense)
You clearly have missed the brilliance of this person's posts and the profound messages hidden within his seemingly simple words:

- Time is fleeting. The fact that he posts in old threads is to show the irrelevance of time and the way the linear measurement approach of minutes, hours and days is pointless.
- Identity. You said "who are you". Who are you? Who are any of us? Are we the same entity? Does it matter? MyJuliet is closer to that answer than anyone else here.
- "You have to fight". How true. To have a say or vote in this world you can't merely spectate. You have to choose a side and be an active participant.

MyJuliet is an absolute genius.

G-Train

You clearly have missed the brilliance of this person's posts and the profound messages hidden within his seemingly simple words:

- Time is fleeting. The fact that he posts in old threads is to show the irrelevance of time and the way the linear measurement approach of minutes, hours and days is pointless.
- Identity. You said "who are you". Who are you? Who are any of us? Are we the same entity? Does it matter? MyJuliet is closer to that answer than anyone else here.
- "You have to fight". How true. To have a say or vote in this world you can't merely spectate. You have to choose a side and be an active participant.

hahah, god i missed you!

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member

Okay, so you are the real frog. Welcome back! Forums are officially back in teh lulz!

Trigger Happy

Good to see you back Frog. If I wasn't overseas and had more time, I would try and come up with a half decent reply. Till later then, have your free reign of the forums.

Cheers