• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Can't play on OZ due to elstra

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are getting 1fps it's more likely an issue local to your pc than your connection.

nelots

THE DOEM HAS SPOKEN !!!!!!!

OR WOULDNT IT BE FUNNY IF HORREY HAS FPS FORCED AT 1 IN HIS CFG.

Phoenix

Check cfg file, save it and reinstall ET. Try Legacy ET, much better and designed for more modern graphics plus they have extra options with a built in clean out unwanted mods option plus extras on that too.

Also of note, I think the issue was at the server end. Spikes were bad after ET server was reset (map records are what they were a few years ago I believe) but as of late, last few weeks it has been pretty stable.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont know what the frig is going on - I connect elsewhere and everything is fine, I connect to OZ and its like a jpg file - no movement. I am starting to think it is something server side?

nelots

Have you tried removing all ozmods and repatching on connection??

Or do the old tracert thing and find out which hop is kneecapping you

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
Our etpub what nelots means should be rmac or something like that in your etpub folder and the ozhitsound remove them and redownload

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
so deleted the ozhitsound file and the rmac file, neither redownload and I am not able to find them on the server. I can still play on other servers so WTF?

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
so deleted the ozhitsound file and the rmac file, neither redownload and I am not able to find them on the server. I can still play on other servers so WTF?
I had this issue also, not sure if its because I'm using windows 8.1 though. ETLegacy

Once I grabbed the files off of the ftp, it was fine though.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
rmac file downloads only as a zip, the ozhitsounds just spits a page of what looks like wingding

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
And it still is weird. During the day ping is perfect and I can play at 50 ping. Try later at night when the local Telstra server gets oversaturated, back to 300 ping and not worth trying. Guess it proves my initial thought that it was not the computer. Anyway - back able to play - be friggin gentle though will yas?????:clown:

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
And after having such a good run the issue is back. It has to be Telstra and the work they are putting in to get NBN out here in the next 12 months. I am getting 1fps on OZ but perfect on dBd. This sucks.