• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Conroy at it again.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
The honorable Senator Stephen Conroy is at it again.

Fair enough google stuffed up, but they have apologised and deleted the data. Not like Conroy has ever aplogised for doing something stupid (internet filter anyone?).

Fraggle

Yes well
I like these 2 quotes!!! :lol:

"I just think the minister's being a little bit oversensitive to criticism -
it would be helpful sometimes if rather than shooting the messenger he listens to what he's being told."
:lol:
We need a measured assessment of the risks and issues,
not a personal vendetta against a company that has publicly disagreed with the Minister on his censorship policies."
:lol:

i0nwr1t3r

If The "Honorable" Senator Conroy was serious about dealing with Internet issues such as censorship , he may be well advised to put in mandotory classes in Primary & High Schools across the country about safety on the internet & the means to report issues to a relevant authority ,that kids & their parents can know what to do if they encounter content they find offensive or a percieved danger.

Educating your future internet users is far more valuable than compiling a censorship list / filter that will be broken by 15 Y.O's yet again.

If you geuinely want to create a censorship list , put the contained catagories to a referendum one by one , the public may surprise you for all the lack of credit you clearly give your own populace!

i0n

nelots

It's only a matter of time before one of these polies start making Prince Phillip like comments.
Who else thinks Conroy will be it after another corporation blasts him about his failures?

P.S - noob you should take Conroy to Kens to save our civil rights to freedom of speech/information!!!

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
nelots said:
It's only a matter of time before one of these polies start making Prince Phillip like comments.
<3 prince phillip. Gawd he pulls out some clangers.

nelots said:
P.S - noob you should take Conroy to Kens to save our civil rights to freedom of speech/information!!!
np, i'm sure I can slip him through the front door with all the frequent flyer miles I have accrued @ kens.