• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

ET not working Choppy sound and low fps

Baker Street

ET Moderator
In case you missed my derpbox post - someone gave me these years ago when i was having same probs and they fixed them wonderfully -> \com_maxfps 125 and \cl_maxpackets 100.

McBain!!

I think -OZ- shirts was having the same trouble recently, possibly something to do with new AMD drivers.
Maybe message him or derpbox him in the day, dunno if he sorted it or not.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
has been a while since we have done any work on the pub mod will get onto br to see if we can do something about it :D

Sh1rts

Jaja I started having problems after installing the latest Catalyst drivers for my 7850; before this I was getting a million FPS, afterwards about 7 :\ so I guess AMD might have derped their DX8 support, thinking nobody plays such old games..

Cowsy's suggestion was to completely uninstall the drivers, then re-install an older version (handily I have several previous installs). Haven't tried that yet because a) I'm lazy and b) the new drivers made a noticeable difference to newer games. However I'm getting ET withdrawal symptoms so I'm gonna try the \com_maxfps 125 and \cl_maxpackets 100 config thing first, cheers for that Baker :)

Quack quack. Will report back once I've tried fixing it.