• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

ET Veteran, long time clan member - banned without reason

brutey

Hi all,
Been quite a few years since i'd jumped into an ET server, re downloaded last week and hopped in the OZ server. Super excited to get my headshots on, an hour or so into the game i was banned - reason for ban "admin banned permanently".

Playing under the name Brutey, i had joined up with OZ many years back as the GA servers slowly died. Might of been given admin privileges if I'm not mistaken

Just wanted to shout out to the old school ET players and hopefully get an explanation as to why
i was permanently banned in the first place.

Eager to jump back in.
- Brutey

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
You were banned for attempting to play under several aliases of OZ members while you were connected.

You also failed to have a guid, please grab one here for future reference - www.etkey.org

Once I have confirmation by you that you understand this rule on this post we will unban you on the server.

brutey

I was simply changing the colour in my name with all the changes made under the alias Brutey.
Tell the server admins to maybe ask a question or 2 before permanently banning "new" players
for impersonating themselves. If they want to maintain any respect (and have the community grow), that is.

PB issues have been fixed and got my new guid.
Still keen on jumping back in.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
I've unbanned you just now. You should be fine to get back in. IF you have any pb issues /pb_sleep 500 :)

Hope to see you in game! - Look out for the new mod just around the corner (Finally hopefully supporting mac). Just a few more little improvements to the game.