• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Feedback

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
The XPsave restore is good, but the level 4 on join is just one person's opinion that I dont think is echoed by other regs imho.
I should reiterate on that one, "that someone mentioned other xpsave servers used"

So this hasn't quite done it either, but one thing that came up in convo's last night that it was more spammy (rnades/panzer/airstrikes/arty etc); my take from this though is, wouldn't this be just as spammy as prior to the changes? As the vast majority of players then had tens of thousands of xp and only a few who reset themselves or were 'new' players.

What about adding adren back in!! BUT you can only adren other players, which will encourage teamwork which is what your ultimately trying to achieve
Code:
128 Level 4 medics can inject other players with their adrenaline. This can be done when holding the revive needle by pressing the alt-fire button
Engy is pretty OP now that you insta 4 stars in that they can pop off rnades very rapidly, have a flak jacket and can mine with no recourse. I think we should trial the team mine stepping again for a longer period to see how this pans out. There was a lot of QQ initially, but I think it is worth playing out for longer to see how this affects gameplay. Another cool idea was thrown out around dynamic mines so that while 12 might be available, only a single engy could use 4, allowing a fair use of mines. Pretty neat but again would need to look at how to do this in code. Similar idea was thrown out of being able to assign a dynamic amount of mines, such as x per player on a team or something, which again could be cool but needs code.
Annoyingly not much can be done to flakjacked besides making level 4 engy nigh impossible to achieve. I'll do a bit of digging, but I remember seeing something about dynamically limiting weapons or something of the like on the etpro forums.

4. Since there are no levels now to climb and fops has 4 stars, might as well remove the mine spotting ability that they have back to nothing again.
Not really sure why that turned on, since I assume the battlesence setting stayed the same.

Some things jotted down from last night:

• rates of airstrike and artillery need to drop signifigantly
  • 6v6 should not have 2 panzers
  • lessen explody spam
  • medic: no passive heal, charge time low, retain normal selfpack
  • mines affect team
  • bots max xp 0? - bots also have level 4 all = very spammy
  • set bots to 3v3 (currently 6v6)
  • could change bots to play certain classes - such as no soldier bots for no super accurate mortar spam; however if max bots were lowered this is probably unnecessary

A not quite relevant question:
Is ET a (team)deathmatch game which happens to have objectives or an objective game that happens to have deathmatch elements?

Last edited:

nelots

A not quite relevant question:
Is ET a (team)deathmatch game which happens to have objectives or an objective game that happens to have deathmatch elements?
Its an obj game as map ends when the attacking side completes their objectives.

It becomes a DM type when defending team wins.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
there is a bug atm not sure what is the cause of it with the xp reseting i think it might be the disk space on the server but cant confirm on that

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, xp is currently still resetting at 'random', I changed xpsave settings to what an older config had, so I don't think its config related.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
Space should be fine they say server is running smoothly they say so might be a permission thing just sent the directory to them

Overmars

ET Moderator
Thanks to all for bothering to try this stuff to keep the server rejuvenated and fun. It seems pretty good again now, no?

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
There is a bug with the overtime dyno ut will crash the server i changed the cfg last night but may still be there as did not get to reboot