• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Fifa Football World Cup South Africa!!!!

RyAn.

Just thought i'd make a topic on the World Cup. (can't believe there isnt one already!)

Anyway Austrailia lost 4-0 to germany. lol

Come on England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rampage

Australia have 0 chance of getting anywhere

England are nothing, very poor as a team and lack depth in their squad.

I predict Semi Finals

(one side) Germany V Argentina
(otherside) Brazil V Spain

currently i cannot decide on the finalists :p

till then...

rAmpage.

Rampage

hehehe <3

still having my doubts about them going all the way, but they're an exceptional team and will be hard to beat if they keep this up

Joke :D

Thing that sh!ts me most about Australian fans is that we always need someone to blame for a loss. The flak that Pim Verbek copping is unwarranted; yes some of his tactics for the game were a bit whacky, but he is still a good coach. Germany have won the world cup 3 times, and yet people still beleive that we could have won the game. The australian selectors are a tad loopy too, half the team are over 30, and are far too slow for the standard of this world cup.

Also, Italy are diving pussies that need to harden up, you're ruining the game of soccer.

My 2c anyhoo

Go Holland!

Rampage

True, after the world cup pim is leaving anyway, he says that Australian football isnt going anywhere anytime soon as there is a lack of young talent coming through, so even with the best coach in the world the Australian represntation isnt going anywhere. And as we all know the A-league cannot be even classified as a 'Football Competition', the quality is so bad and even worse to watch, i mean COMON if ARCHIE THOMPSON is classifed as the 'BEST' player in A-League imagine how bad the rest of them are. As Kalac said even with all the millions invested in Aussie football over the past few years Australian football has actually gone backwards. Seems like there's finally something money can't buy...talent.

Cheers

rAmpage

[ FORZA GERMANY ]
[UP GERMANY ]

woo :)

Frogma

-OZ-Joke =D said:
Thing that sh!ts me most about Australian fans is that we always need someone to blame for a loss. The flak that Pim Verbek copping is unwarranted; yes some of his tactics for the game were a bit whacky, but he is still a good coach. Germany have won the world cup 3 times, and yet people still beleive that we could have won the game. The australian selectors are a tad loopy too, half the team are over 30, and are far too slow for the standard of this world cup.
Yeah but putting Cahill up front out of nowhere? And I thought Pim Verbeek pretty much was the selector? I doubt he'd have anyone on the field that he didn't want there. For my money Neill played like a bit of a tool - all he did was put his hand up for offside for the whole game. Could not mark his man. Also Moore is way too old.

And I don't think Aussie soccer is going backwards in the long term. We just had an unusually outstanding team 4 years ago.

superMINGE

I reckon you're right with your semi-final pick.

My final pick is Argentina vc Spain, with spain to win. Have you seen their starting line up??
Casillas; Ramos, Pique, Puyol, Capdevila; Alonso; Busquets, Xavi, Fabregas, Silva; Villa.

Insane talent right there.

RyAn.

Spain lost to the Switz 1-0 how are they going to win the world cup?

I do give credit for the All Whites too! well done for them against a team that is 30 something in the world!

Rampage

-OZ-RyAn said:
Spain lost to the Switz 1-0 how are they going to win the world cup?
regardless they will still go through group stages and are still one of the best teams in the world

RyAn.

They are trying to ban those things, because the players can't comunicate with each other while playing, but it won't happen cos of the silly culture :(

Death_Reincarnated

Germany vs Argentina in the final.

-Brazil is playing wakytobaky.
-Spain is strong but will lose in the semis.
-Australia...OMG /FF
-New Zeland...Best goal in this tourney so far. Based on the time (93rd minute) and the fact they drew against a way stronger team.
-Cote de Ivoire...dissapointed with them TBH.
-VUVUZELAS FTW....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. They are quite annoying but its funny how the sound increases when some african team is on the attack.

Next match for ozzies i predict AUSvsGHA (3:1). Ozzies play better when they need to come back from behind...it will be a repeat of AUSvsJAP from last time. Lets just hope Verbek doesnt put up the same schocking lineup.

MysT|k

idk since australia got wrecked 4-0 i believe argentina are gonna win the world cup :)

they won 4-1 there last match and messi and tevez were on fire soo comon argentina!!

rampage whu r spain.?

Frogma

So Serbia beat Germany!

This means that Aus need to win vs Ghana and Serbia. Sucks.

On a more interesting note if both Ghana and Serbia beat Australia then Germany is out!