• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Final Fantasy 13

Antagonist

Hey party pplz just bought this gem on the xbox.
140 bucks was a bit iffy but was well worth it (apart from some crappy pictures and stickers i got with it)
but yeah the game is amazing, its like 70% FMV's and 30% playtime and im like 5 hours into it..
visually its amazing, easily the sexiest visual game on the xbox yet, and the battle system is very ez and fun..

hope you all enjoy it as much as i am atm :p
<3

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
I played FF7-10 on the PS2. I remember FFX was pretty visually spectacular. Those guys always put a good looking game together.

Alas I only have a wii these days and no time to play it so methinks I shant be playing FF13.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
FF14 MMO, ZOMG can't wait. I don't know If i will get FF13 just yet, holding out until holidays or Ill get stuck on it :p

G-Train

FF7 is on my top5 of greatest games ever.

When i finally bred a gold chocobo, i was so excited that i let a little bit of pee out. :lol:

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, gold chocobos was where it was at. The trick was to play a lot of Barry White G.

If I recall correctly wasn't FF7 the one where you could play the entire game and gain almost no XP (by running away from all fights except bosses) & then level up at the end and have a massively OP toon? Kinda a broken game mechanic if you ask this noob.

fliqpar

If anyone on these forums wants to re-live their old RPG experiences I have the following which you can have for free,

An - EspXe with updated Bios and Memory (which i paid for online so it's legit). It also has built in memory cards x 2.

For those who don't know, EspXe is a program that runs Playstation 1 games on your P.C.

And the following ISO games - All rpgs. - Iso is the game converted to a P.C file so you don't have to have the disc. NO SCRATCHES AND STALLING to worry about, WOOT WOOT.

- FF7 - All discs
- FF8 - Disc 1, will have the other 3 discs by tonight
- FF9 - All discs
- Star Ocean 2 - Both discs
- Chrono Trigger - Both discs
- Grandia - Both discs

Just let me know.

Lucky

FFS games are sick iv finshed 1,2,3 THE big ps1 game ffs 7-8-9 10 and 12 they are to me THE best games made and worth getting i want it for PS3 :p
TIP, when u get a gold chocabo on FFS 7 there is a secrect island with the strongest summon i cant rember whats it called but i rember the island is neat a corner of the map :)

fliqpar

the island is at the top right of the map and the summon is called "knights of the round"

and when you junction it with w-summon and one other silver materia you can do it 4 times over the use that copy materia (i dont think its called copy though) to do it another 4 times, its practically the only (by far the easiest) way to beat ruby weapon at the end of the game.

@@@@@ NOOBITUP

im pretty sure you can run from all battles in 7, 8 ,9 but its more effective on ff8, run from all battles the entire game when you are ready equip 1 person at a time with jun-str +1 jun-agil +1 etc etc then go to hell or heaven

i did this and i was at level 20 and ended up with all my characters having maxed out stats without having to equip magic to my stat slots,

its so stupid tho, you shouldnt be able to clock an rpg on level 20, ridonkulous really.

fliqpar

Antagonist said:
Hey party pplz just bought this gem on the xbox.
140 bucks was a bit iffy but was well worth it (apart from some crappy pictures and stickers i got with it)
but yeah the game is amazing, its like 70% FMV's and 30% playtime and im like 5 hours into it..
visually its amazing, easily the sexiest visual game on the xbox yet, and the battle system is very ez and fun..

hope you all enjoy it as much as i am atm :p
<3
just youtubed the preview made me dot in my pants

blusky

FF 12 was terrible - I hated it.

As fliq said FF8 was pretty broken all you had to do was play cards for a few hours and you can have 2000+ hp and huge OP strength.

give me that crap you are talking about fliq!

Lucky

yea thats what the summon was called, if FFS 7 was made for ps3 and they put more stuff in there i bet that game would go off FFS 7 had bloody good grapics for a ps1 game

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
FF10 ended up feeling very same-ish for me. Also I wasn't bought into the character Tidus. He was a bit of a twat.

FF7 had some awesome characters.

fliqpar

Thekid said:
yea thats what the summon was called, if FFS 7 was made for ps3 and they put more stuff in there i bet that game would go off FFS 7 had bloody good grapics for a ps1 game
ff7 was on the cards at square-enix for a remake when ps3 was due to hit a year ago unfortunately i believe they canned it due to an out cry about ruining a past legacy or sum shit i cant remember.

blusky

I liked the difficulty of the Dark Aeons and monster arena, I think that's what made it good for me. It had really hard mini games as well - especially to power up the ultimate weapons. Just all round an awesome game...I really liked Tidus's character.

I FREAKIN HATED THE LAUGHING SCENE AT LUCA...always makes me rage.

Did any of you guys enjoy 12? I really disliked it...

fliqpar

i loved 12 as it brought me back to the type of rpg that was star ocean on ps1 if you havnt played it i suggest you do its alot more freedom involved in the fight scene being able to move your characters unlike the atb system that the other ff's use

although i can understand how it must turn some people off once you accept it for its differences it alot easier to enjoy i still havnt clocked it though its bloody hard

AS FOR FF10 - 516 HOURS AND COUNTING LOL - I WILL COMPLETE THE PERFECT SPHERE GRID HAHA mind you that 516 hours has been over 3 years im not a nerd.........

Trigger Happy

fliqpar said:
im not a nerd.........
Hey man, it's OK, we are all friends here. We understand that you get a twinkle in your eye when you talk about these games and we notice you get semi wood too. Why do you think joy doesn't like to stand next to you when you start talking about games? She doesn't mind the conversation she just doesn't want Mini Fliq getting to close if you know what I mean. But hey, we get it and we support you through this time of nerdyness.

Cheers