• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Future PC Build

InstxnctAU

What do you guys think of this setup?

Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D
Processor: Intel Core i7 3820
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Main Hard Drive: Probably a small boot drive. ~60GB
Second Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar 500GB
Optical Drive: Any? Cheapest?
Power Supply: Corsair TX-750 750w
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Other Fans: Antec Tri-cool Blue LED and some Corsair Airflow fans
I'm thinking the Corsair AF's for intake and the Tri-Cools for the Exhaust.

i0nwr1t3r

What do you guys think of this setup?

Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D
Processor: Intel Core i7 3820
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Main Hard Drive: Probably a small boot drive. ~60GB
Second Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar 500GB
Optical Drive: Any? Cheapest?
Power Supply: Corsair TX-750 750w
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Other Fans: Antec Tri-cool Blue LED and some Corsair Airflow fans
I'm thinking the Corsair AF's for intake and the Tri-Cools for the Exhaust.
It looks like you want an Intel socket 2011 set up.
Are you after PCI_E version 3.0 because that cpu doesn't support it afaik http://ark.intel.com/products/63698/Intel-Core-i7-3820-Processor-%2810M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz%29
What O/S are you planning on using?
win7 will chew up a 60GB drive with all the windows updates you will have under 10GB left without future updates included I think.
Optical drives , get a DVD-Burner unless you already own Blu Ray disks.
I use Pioneer optical drives myself though they aren't as good as they used to be(redundant technology imo).
Brands to avoid Lite-On , Sony (rebadged Lite-On's).
500GB is pretty small for a secondary drive , spend the extra 10-20 bucks , it'll thank you later down the road.
That case is a good case though it doesn't support USB 3 ports on the front with paying the extra 20-25 bucks to get the add in slots for the front of the case unless USB 2.0 is all you need ( I looked at the same case for my last build).
I bought a coolermaster Haf X case instead for when I transfer my machine form old to new case , but it's a suggestion , nothing more.
RAM , make sure they sell you 1600 & not 1333 (your cpu will do 1600 without o/c'ing) but I use corsair vengeance myself
& seems ok.
I use Corsair HX PSU's to disconnect unused cabling (improved airflow etc) but any Corsair PSU should be good.
There are people on this forum with a lot more knowledge than me when it comes to Graphic Cards & Cooling for your CPU & System , so I'll let them advise you.
Good luck on your new build. :)