• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Getting stuck on invisible stuff

LEMR

I keep on getting stuck on nothing in the game. Can still shoot and everything, just can't move around at random moments. Don't experience any ping spikes when it happens. Any idea what's going on?
Or how to fix it from my end?
Beginning to make it unplayable for me, it's just frustrating so it's not enjoyable of late.

I mean yeah, I have been getting random ping spikes (just not when this happens) on the server lately but I just figure it's from family staying over and a strain on out internet with family members trying to stream tv at once..

Baker Street

ET Moderator
Maybe it's not your connection or PC. There are a number of maps that have 'wall-stick' points and most long term regs know where they are and avoid (or exploit) them. But even they get caught as well on unknown new ones, as unlike quantum particles, we cant be everywhere at once. Try asking in team chat for someone to give you a shove, that usually works - if not it's the old \kill. It's pretty much a source code error defining walls.

There's one on the Warzburg Radar map where you get stuck underground and players who get that don't want leave and just lie there and laugh. :D

Last edited:

kajah

There's one on the Warzburg Radar map where you get stuck underground and players who get that don't want leave and just lie there and laugh. :D
Yeah I've been there. Once joined during radar as spec on another server and there was an axis guy underground (main road under bridge) shooting everyone. No one could see him (or shoot him) and his team mates kept running on top of him and /killing to give him ammo. Lol was fun to watch! He stayed there pretty much whole map!

I've found i get stuck mostly if revived next to a wall. I guess my position after revive is *in* the wall, and then I can't move so just /kill

TopCAt!

+1 for the underground radar trick, it happened to me and i was fdop at the time. 22 mins of hilarity, 62/8 on GA, lots of raging pros saying mean things

LEMR

I'm fallen below that bridge before after a revive! sadly the map ended shortly after so I didn't get a chance to explore a bit lol

I think I've figured out what's going on. Looks like input lag on the keyboard :(

Baker Street

ET Moderator
And the one on Aldernest in the room between the Allies CP and the bridge, if as Axis you try lurking, waiting to ambush them near the tall gas cylinders and back against the wall to hide behind the cylinders, you're there for good. Probably poetic justice some would say :D

Last edited:

LEMR

You can get under the goldrush map and run most of it, can also get inside the rocks on oasis near allies first spawn. I used to explore all those things years back :p