• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Having Graphics card issues!

olliesparks1111

Recently i bought a new Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 460
now its been working fine but sometimes when im playing Tf2 or cod4 or something it will randomly just pretty much .. have a heart attack and change all the walls to numbers or textures of health kits or fire or sometimes even just black

i have narrowed it down to either being a fault in the card or its overheating.

my brother has the exact same card and he has no problems
though his system never really gets as hot as mine.

Currently im thinking of buying a good Fan to cool it down. either that or ill have to buy a new card and slow down my savings for a new proccesor/motherboard bla bla

PS if i have to return the card to the supplier i may be afk for awhile... this had to happen when i was on holidays >< by the time i get a new one holidays will be over.

Joke :D

run a virus scan just to be on the safe side

do the textures only change in the games? Usually if the card is over heating things will become random funky colours, not different textures within the game itself.

you can never go wrong with an extra fan

olliesparks1111

yeh they go funky colours. thats what i meant. but only in the game..

yeh right now i have the air con going and it helps somewhat but my system is still pretty hot so. ill be getting an extra fan

olliesparks1111

only time i get fps lag on tf2 is when im on 2fort. but.. no other map but anyway... I believe my issue is because of overheating so ill have to keep the room cool and possibly buy a new fan.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
tea bagger said:
i get fps lag in et only on oz server dont know y need to look in to it i have a 6870 his :p
Tea Bagger if possible please connect to DBD Servers and inform me if the same issue persists. I get the feeling it is etpub related.

Best Regards, BR

|SILENT|

Black Racoon said:
[quote="tea bagger":wl4hsji3]i get fps lag in et only on oz server dont know y need to look in to it i have a 6870 his :p
please connect to DBD Servers .

Best Regards, BR[/quote:wl4hsji3]
LOL why Would i do that :(

but ok will do

|SILENT|

Black Racoon said:
[quote="tea bagger":2fnco11k]i get fps lag in et only on oz server dont know y need to look in to it i have a 6870 his :p
Tea Bagger if possible please connect to DBD Servers and inform me if the same issue persists. I get the feeling it is etpub related.

Best Regards, BR[/quote:2fnco11k]
Nope Tested it and NO FPS lag Was owning 12 mins 38-8 :p 2 of the Deaths i was afk :p

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
tea bagger said:
[quote="Black Racoon":1fcnnomg][quote="tea bagger":1fcnnomg]i get fps lag in et only on oz server dont know y need to look in to it i have a 6870 his :p

Best Regards, BR[/quote:1fcnnomg]
Nope Tested it and NO FPS lag Was owning 12 mins 38-8 :p 2 of the Deaths i was afk :p[/quote:1fcnnomg]

Then can you concurrently jump across to OZ and see at the point in time that it's the issue. That is definately is server-server issue. So that It can be confirmed at similar instance you get this "fps lag" and then the no fps lag at the other server.

Thankyou, BR

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
tea bagger said:
Littel better :)
Well the problem either goes or stays.. little better would make no sense. It has been suggested that some sound drivers can cause fps lag in ET.

i0nwr1t3r

@ Tea Bagger , update your drivers mate , new series cards tend to have issues & BR is correct , old sound drivers have been known to cause FPS lag.
Or try a new cfg that is specific to your current h/w .

Cheers

i0n

nelots

You guys should clean up the servers etpub directory, I just checked mine and theres like 10+ different ozmodded files....... oznakedbodies.pk3?

I'm pretty sure excess of these files can cause a bit of connection and fps lag when the game does its error checking etc.

Players should do the same and remove non essential ozmod pk3 files. If in doubt just remove it all and download whats required off the server when you connect with cl_allowdownload 1

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
In terms of issues with your GTX 460, try updating your drivers. Perhaps you have incorrect drivers installed, or possibly no drivers installed still and ET is running off your mobo's integrated.

MysticalFurball

tea bagger said:
Maybe its the OZ Build or The xmas Crap Still on the server
Hey guys, uhm i was reading on someones forums, and some people seem to think that this christmas .pk3 could contain a certain file that helps you aim?!?! like 1 comment said that "they were shooting at someones shoulder or something and it snapped to their head" <---- i have never experienced this but the christmas stuff just has to go regardless -_-