• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Just an Idea?

adam

Why doesnt OZ actually host a 5v5 or 6v6 ladder? You have your own etpro server which could run it aswell as plenty of admins to keep things going, it'd bring a more competitive side to your regulars from etpub.
I know that you could argue the pros would stack teams but if you made it rule to have 1 or 2 oz regulars per team it would make great competition.

Thoughts? :confused:

PorT3r

Yeah sounds like a great idea adam, i think the admins need some help with etpro... dont think they know how to tweak it to comp settings and stuff..?

But idk I've havnt played ET in ages so yeah haha

Cheers

Trigger Happy

There was an idea brought up in the OZ only forums regarding this about having an etpub ladder. That might get more interest than etpro. I think some people just like to play pub and others like to play pro and if you want to try and get some regulars involved out of the few that play both, trying a pub only ladder might gain more interest.

Outside of a competition space, just running an etpro server itself is very exhausting :p I remember when we ran one a while ago, there were just too many trolls and given that our super awesome bans and fun anti-trolling commands aren't available in pro...it can be more of killjoy admin wise :p That being said, competitions are completely different!

Cheers

adam

run a pub competition then, see if it can generate abit of interest in from the etpro players?

Trigger Happy

As far as I know, Phill is working on / completed the ladder portion of it (http://www.overzealousgamers.com/ladder/), so we are capable of running this.
Since I have not personally been involved in the ladder side of things (we have trialled this once before from memory?) I am not sure how much more setup is needed for it to start kicking off. Outside of the ladder stuff, we just need someone to take charge to say definitively "Yes I will run it" and then a few people that will help out to set up the server config at the start and then also to ensure the server is ready for each match (unless the ladder software can bring it up / pull it down and set passwords etc).

I can't think if there is anything missing but getting someone to own the competition responsibility is the first step :)

Cheers