• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

kicked in the nutz...

Readymeal

Hi guys/gales

i have been kicked out of the server last night for using my MG on an spawn exit... while in fact i was using it to cover only one exit of a building where the spawn room was... now thinking about it... if i can t use my MG to shoot at people coming out of a building simply because the spawn is located somewhere inside this building, this is going to limit my choice a lot...

when i asked politely for some clarifications, i was told to follow the rules or go...

thank you for your help.

Readymeal

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
You were rightfully kicked as we we have a 2 tank length policy from any exit or spawn only smg kills are allowed
You may have been warned by players/admin and not have seen it before you were kicked
ctf_well is the only map where it is a free for all killing map
Phil

Baker Street

ET Moderator
You were given a friendly warning via global chat re the rules about HW on spawns and ignored the warning, hence the kick. You came back and queried the rule so !rules was run and you still argued. That's when you were told to play by the rules or go. You decided to leave.

I don't think there is a post with a concise summary of all the in-games rules written down, but I may be wrong. Phil or Fern could clarify that. But if there isn't, that is a good suggestion - we make a sticky post with them here in black and white.

Edit: What Phil said, also there is this post specifically debating the HW/Spawn rule (if you want some light reading) -

http://www.overzealousgamers.com/threads/heavy-sk-rules-et.3988/

Last edited:

Readymeal

thx guys, my bad,

1 I did notice a couple of players complaining about HW at spawn exit... but i did not think i was shooting at a spawn exit and technically speaking i was not.
2 when i came back and asked for some explanation, i did not notice the !rules thingy...(try to play with all the colors (aka right out of the box) and with people chatting around... difficult to notice anything...)

so i just went in game and type !rules.

it does not say very much... No Heavy Weapons and Arty /Strikes in Fixed Spawns / Exits... nothing about 2 tank radius or about the fact that also include exits from a building where the spawn location is (i got that from the link your provided me baker)

anyway there s no purpose discussing/arguing on internet... will do my best to avoid it in the future.

See you on the server.

Overmars

ET Moderator
The rule is actually pretty simple if you take the right approach, which is a conservative one. If you are using heavy weapons to shoot into or at a door where it's likely people are entering the map for the first time from a fixed spawn (I don't know which map you were on, so hard to say), don't setup there. Be conservative about it, if in doubt, setup somewhere else.

Overmars

ET Moderator
And also, if people say "probably best if you don't do that" maybe take the advice and do something different? It's just a game.

Bogan

you said it yourself no HW in fixed spawn exits how much clearer do you need it to be?