• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Lets get more people into ET

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Slowly but surely the numbers of people playing this addictive game are falling - natural attrition. So........its time we made an effort to introduce as many people as we can to getting involved. Friends, family whatever. Lets get the numbers up so more pew pew and not having to play the rotten bots as often as we all do.

Suggestions - download the game onto a disc - give the disc to a mate. Tell said mate about how much fun it is. Downplay the low res gaming versus a very close knit community. Emphasise that the game is FREE. Tell them about some of the characters that still play and the endless hours we all spend online playing this game with our ET buddies.

Its time we all got more people into this game to prolong the community lifespan.

GET TO IT!!!!

So says Uncle Horry

Inglourious Basterd

For a start we would have to make the server noob friendly...

1. get rid of any abusive twats (permanently) that deliberaltly and regularly bleeds, TK's, shoves, calls noobs, their own teammates, visitors, regulars and members useless retards, sh!t players, bads, fgts etc, etc.
2. Do not allow SKing with any weapon. I know, I know... its a tactical part of the game, but is this an ETPub fun server or a serious competition ETpro server? ( just thinking of the new players if there are any ever again ) ;>
3. Be friendly and help noobs out... ( this would probably be to much to ask from some people ) :-_-
4. Post fliers at school, at work, the pub, your neighborhood power poles, shop windows, BBS's etc about ET and the -OZ- Servers address lol
5. Try to convince people that ET is better than the latest, greatest games that they paid $60+ for and like a lot.
6. Pay people to play. :-_-
7. R.I.P :(
8. Gone fishing. :banana:

Cheers

IB

JoKeR

Inglourious Basterd said:

1. get rid of any abusive twats (permanently) that deliberaltly and regularly bleeds, TK's, shoves, calls noobs, their own teammates, visitors, regulars and members useless retards, sh!t players, bads, fgts etc, etc.
2. Do not allow SKing with any weapon. I know, I know... its a tactical part of the game, but is this an ETPub fun server or a serious competition ETpro server? ( just thinking of the new players if there are any ever again ) ;>
3. Be friendly and help noobs out... ( this would probably be to much to ask from some people ) :-_-
4. Post fliers at school, at work, the pub, your neighborhood power poles, shop windows, BBS's etc about ET and the -OZ- Servers address lol
5. Try to convince people that ET is better than the latest, greatest games that they paid $60+ for and like a lot.

Cheers

IB
You know what else would help? not having angry sore losers accusing good players of hacking constantly (form of abuse in itself).

Cheers.

Inglourious Basterd

JoKeR said:

Cheers

IB
You know what else would help? not having angry sore losers accusing good players of hacking constantly (form of abuse in itself).

Cheers.
RESULT! I just caught myself a guilty little Clown Fish ;>

JoKeR

JoKeR said:
[quote="Inglourious Basterd":xid8z53j]For a start we would have to make the server noob friendly...

Cheers

IB

Cheers.
RESULT! I just caught myself a guilty little Clown Fish ;>[/quote:xid8z53j]

Rofl... yea, that was your plan all along aye bro fuck your a genius.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alright you two back in your corner and keep this on topic please.

I dont want to have to remove posts thanks. Both side have their say and leave it at that, lets not get personal or I will delete posts irrespective.

Part of getting new people into ET will be showing strength as a community. Not everyone is as good as the better players (exhibit A being me) but its for fun - ladders arent relevant as we dont scrim and even someone in a scrim team now was probably not playing in the stellar first few years of ET.

Show strength as a community and we will attract people, run each other into the ground and exhibit squabbling, we we lose people.

Cmon you lot.

Inglourious Basterd

Akh-Horus said:
Alright you two back in your corner and keep this on topic please.

I dont want to have to remove posts thanks. Both side have their say and leave it at that, lets not get personal or I will delete posts irrespective.

Part of getting new people into ET will be showing strength as a community. Not everyone is as good as the better players (exhibit A being me) but its for fun - ladders arent relevant as we dont scrim and even someone in a scrim team now was probably not playing in the stellar first few years of ET.

Show strength as a community and we will attract people, run each other into the ground and exhibit squabbling, we we lose people.

Cmon you lot.
Yes people, Horey has a very valid point here.

I would just like to add that if we show strength as a clan ( stand by each other ) we just might attract more members and not lose them.

You have to have a solid base (clan) to have a solid structure (community).

Antagonist

NEWSFLASH! your the only clan.... that makes any remote difference in this dieing game.. just keep at it.. you have survived for this long u must be doing something right...

Mockingjay01

JoKeR said:

Cheers

IB

Cheers.
F1 to that.
*cough* still waiting to be unbanned..

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Just supporting what Horus said, I've got quite a few people into ET, it's a free game, it can have 16 peopel are side (at least on our server, it has AUSTRALIAN SERVERS, in sydney). It's multi class, there are still maps beign made for it, mods being updated. US Servers are becoming more populated from recent sources I was informed. People that give it a shot, ususally stick with it tbh, the community is so diverse and there really is somethign for everyone. I know it doesn't have in game chat like most new games, but we make up for it in teamspeak, which is A LOT more fun then most games in comaprison to peopel just using the chat system in games to abuse people (voice).

Over the last week the server has had more peopel then I've seen in a long while tbh playing here, silly squables and bawking each other just detters people, if everyone were understanding and those real offenders are dealth with swiftly I can't see why this game cant' live on until activision pull the plug on the master server list and even then, /connect ozserver1.dyndns.org, it's not going away any time soon :), as long as you guys keep it alive.

The server will only die becuase

1. You gamers stop showinig interest.
2. We can't afford runnign the server anymore, (a little more realistic currently then the first unfortunately)

P.S Out of the 4-5 years we have had the ET server, I haven't hated anyone from the ET community. Dont' get me wrong I"ve had my ups and downs with certain people, and disagreed on many things but it truly is just a game, politics seem to kill everything at one stage or another, just have fun. Every one has their pro's and con's. A little understanding can go a long way, and remember everyone deserves a chance.

Love BR!

G-Train

As odd as it may sound, I have to agree with IB on 1 point.

Spawn camping kills the fun for new players.

Now i know im no saint(At least i dont heavy SK anymore), but maybe introduce a no go zone for non-capturable spawns?

That way the new players, who are trying to figure out where to go and what to do will have a bit of a safe zone while they get used to a xhair as opposed to their sheety iron sights they are used to. :lol:

Hard to police i know and probably more work than reward.

The pros are gonna hate me for this one :cool:

Also i think more shuffles should be used as so often team staxis kills the server. Cant really understand why, who wants to defend when you can attack, and who wants to wait 30 seconds to spawn when you could wait only 20, and who wants to use a sheety luger when you can roll with a colt?

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
G-Train said:
As odd as it may sound, I have to agree with IB on 1 point.

Spawn camping kills the fun for new players.

Now i know im no saint(At least i dont heavy SK anymore), but maybe introduce a no go zone for non-capturable spawns?

That way the new players, who are trying to figure out where to go and what to do will have a bit of a safe zone while they get used to a xhair as opposed to their sheety iron sights they are used to. :lol:

Hard to police i know and probably more work than reward.

The pros are gonna hate me for this one :cool:

Also i think more shuffles should be used as so often team staxis kills the server. Cant really understand why, who wants to defend when you can attack, and who wants to wait 30 seconds to spawn when you could wait only 20, and who wants to use a sheety luger when you can roll with a colt?
I agree if we could work out a way to make this feasable I would try and implement it. Currently you can't HEAVY SK in PERM spawns. However, most pro players who get to the spawn aren't using heavy weapons anyway to dominate the team in their spawn anyway.

I also agree more shuffle should be had, recently (past week) a bit more has been occuring, but still I've observed as you said G the teams do get stacked not always axis but more often the not.

Regards, BR