• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Map Changes - November

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Added: Beer-Run, TC_Base
Removed: ressurection

~ Yes the bot files and waypointing were added too ~

Please add new suggestions to this thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Xen

Keep a lot of the originals, do not remove originals, for the love of god spare the originals.
Could we also add:
Sniper Kitchen.
Minas Trinith.
Rail Gun.
And a couple of small ETpro maps such as purefrag were when there is a low player count active we can have the option of playing a smaller 1 on 1 map rather than a large objective map. This could also increase the duriation of the server being active.

Thanks

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Minis tirith is huge, it still seemed empty even with the 32v32, so that's a no to that;
Rail Gun never gets/got voted and 'some' people chucked a hissyfit or rq to spec
Small maps though good in concept, there's nothing stopping people voting them in when
server isn't empty.

Kitchen can be considered yes; and by originals I take it you mean the default 6?

Joke :D

8:30pm, Sunday, server had 17 people on with only 2 specs/afk

8:45pm, sunday, TC_base get voted and and server empties down to 6 people, and no one else could download the map from the server. Whether this was due to people not having "/cl_allowdownload 1" in their configs, I'm not sure, but the chances of all the people who didn't have the map not having this in their configs after nearly 5 years of playing on the OZ server and previous servers, its unlikely.

I know the dev team are busy with other games and RL issues but its just painful to see a rarely, relatively full server be emptied in one map change (and its a good map too)

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
hmm, should. Otherwise it was incomplete files. Please hurl any abuse at my Internet provider netspace.

cortex sounds familiar, ctf map?

Xen

Minis tirith is huge, it still seemed empty even with the 32v32, so that's a no to that;
Rail Gun never gets/got voted and 'some' people chucked a hissyfit or rq to spec
Small maps though good in concept, there's nothing stopping people voting them in when
server isn't empty.

Kitchen can be considered yes; and by originals I take it you mean the default 6?
Thanks for reading
When I say originals I mean such maps as, goldrush, oasis, tc base.. etc.
I also thought on what you said about Minas and I agree with you.
And with the small maps concept is that a concerderation into putting them in or..?

In Cortex your a tiny player the size of mouse in comparison with the map/house you are in, nether the less its a good map with a basic objective to capture 2 cd-rom and take them to the upstairs computer.

It's a good map that would be a good choice when voting.

Last edited by a moderator:

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, that one, yes that sounds fine, (cortex).

At small maps I'm wary, good in concept as you say, but nothing stopping people voting them in when server has lots of people on. Can put one in and see how things go.

Now all we need are the maps to replace with the suggested :)

Xen

Yes that could be a potential conflict with players vs map size, but putting the voting for small maps into a scenario, what are the chances that the 1 - 3 votes for the smaller maps are successfully without being over ruled by the more popular larger map by a larger number of players, and yes good idea chuck one into rotation and we'll see how it turns out.

Thanks.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
on the note of voting, eagles and that other large one still managed to get in a few times xD

Joke :D

I know people like to keep the originals for old times sake, but fook me, Battery is god fooking awful with the OzPub settings.

So many times I've seen people vote battery, and if they're not on Axis with the ability to camp allies spawn, they'll leave, leaving axis stacked and then half of the allied team leaves. The remaining half of the allied team sit on the rocks and snipe.

Xen

Battery is a good map if there wasn't a tidlewave of arty spam in the first 2 seconds, I reckon that if the axis spawned in the main bunker first then the allied would have a better chance of building that ramp and capturing the flag evening it up a bit.

Rainbow

Agreed with Joke.
If there's just one good person on axis, its basically impossible to get up the beach. The advantage of being able to pop up from high ground and aim down at somebody with no cover is almost unbeatable.
Unless you're me and its easy

Also suggesting saberpeak coz its so beautiful just like ur eyes baby xoxoxoxoxox

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
well, in reference to battery, does anyone know of any useful scripts for it? Or perhaps how to make one? :eek: