• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Map Rotation

Map voting system vs. Map rotation system

• Total voters

JoKeR

This is a suggestion to change the map format from a voting system to rotation. Lately the same maps are being chosen every time (Braundorf, Bremen, Spec Del, Adler, Supply). I get the sense some players are getting sick of this. There are frequent comments of players complaining about having to play a map they just played after the votes have been cast.

I realize that in the end the map which is chosen is the map which has received the most votes, but lately it has been getting really repetitive. It might be a good idea to have the old system where Fern would change the map rotation every couple months or so, keeping things fresh. Players would be introduced to new maps and learn to like them imo.

The rotation system would be something like 10 or 11 maps which load automatically in the same sequence, nobody gets to vote.

So I'll upload a poll so everyone can cast their vote on whether we should revert back to a rotation system, in place of the current voting system.

Readymeal

I agree, being new to the server (and already being disliked/TKed/bled/shoved/purposely obstructing my view by few uber players due to my choice of weapon), i have noticed we keep playing the same maps again and again... Map rotation would be nice... you can also add the favorite ones more often obviously... nobody wants numbers falling.

When is the vote closing? Maybe a message on the server warning everyone from this vote might help make a decision.

BTW: is there any way to increase the damage from the heavy machine guns? just to make it a bit more realistic... it s already slow and not accurate...

Cheers,

JoKeR

Vote doesn't close at any point. Would be good to have a banner on the server advertising the vote to players, give them until the end of the month to vote maybe?

Baker Street

ET Moderator
This has been rehashed over and over. The problem with mandatory map rotation was that players were voting with their feet if they didn't like a particular map and the server would die. Mods were nagged to !nextmap and admins had to come up with new rotations constantly. This same poll was done not so long ago and map voting was chosen.

Yeah, some players might complain with repetition of certain maps, but they stay. As for the 'sense some players are getting sick of this' I like that saying 'you can't please all the people all the time'. The majority are just thankful they don't have to play Tram :)

Perhaps a hybrid system ? The list of maps for voting is changed every few months ?

Last edited:

McBain!!

I'm in two minds about this, it has been getting repetitive but Bakes is right most would probably quit before learning a new map. Once a map is voted and played is there any way to remove it from the vote list for, say the next 3-4 maps? ( or however many maps)

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Removing a map from voting is quite doable, though we would need to re-re-size the list so that they can't come back instantly.