• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Maps 2014

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Added Dubrovnik,

Current Map List
adlernest
braundorf_b4
bremen_b2
ctf_well
dubrovnik_final
et_beach
et_ice
et_mor2_night_final
Frostbite
GA_El_Kef
HoG_b12_dt
italyfp2
karsiah_te2
library_b3
missile_b3
mp_sillyctf
mp_tram
pha_chateauCM
rommel_final_1107_fixed
snatch3
sos_secret_weapon
sp_delivery_te
supplydepot2
tc_base
v2base_te
venice

Radar
Seawall
Siwa oasis
Goldrush
Railgun - disabled still ?
Fuel Dump

So, what do we want added and/or removed?

Minor discussion on whether or not supply depot and bremen should have destructible trucks/slower trucks or lowered game time.

Last edited:

Baker Street

ET Moderator
hmmm - if tanks are destuctible, all trucks should be too - just gives it that bit more level of difficulty (for allies :happy: ). As some commented on the server last night, once the allies secure the trucks at certain points on those 2 maps, its all over red rover.

lets not forget the ghost tank on et_mor (although I havent played that map for a while so is it still a ghost tank ?)

McBain!!

Destructible trucks would be great, also I can't download the new maps that have been added. Download from server has been enabled on my end, I think we had this problem once before?

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
do de do my fault. didn't up it to fileserver... actually shouldn't make a difference, since its there already

still, since it didn't work for you

linky

Last edited:

matilda

DerpLyfe
So, what do we want added and/or removed?
Hang on a minute, fernie.
Where are the old classics like Siwa Oasis, Gold Rush and Würzburg Radar??? :arghh:
They should always be available imho.
If there's a limit to the number of maps available at any one time, I'd suggest replacing Library, Missile and V2base with the three I mentioned above. Otherwise just add them. The more the better!
Thanks for your efforts btw, fernie. And Dubrovnik is a welcome return :)

Last edited:

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
oh those are there, I simply copied the server files list, those are located in pack 1/2/3 which I edited out

post updated with default 6

Last edited:

Ulti

do we have to remove any maps? is there a limit? why not just have heaps of maps with more options at the end.. cant be a bad thing right.. i hate getting to the end and the only choice we get are bloody missile, kesiah and v2base
id love to see more options on the map selection perhaps something like 15-20 map choices after the map

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
I think the map limit was 32 or something thereabouts.
Greater map pool at the end is tweakable.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
it can be as much maps as you want it on it it is only if you are running a map rotation that it can only be up to a certain amount in one cfg file

blusky

main reason server loses players is maps. big maps with not enough people sucks

I would rather play adler/braundorf/supply/delivery/secret weapon/grush/oasis/radar/fbite/bremen/beach 10 times in a row over playing fuel dump once

only suggestion i have is adding warbell (i think its called?) & caen

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to poke fun, but isn't warbell a largish map?

but, yes hence the thread, what do we want on there and what don't we, and as said in previous posts, we can increase the amount of maps shown at the end, and have no limit on the quantity. The next thing though would be: which versions? since there are many many of each, and some are better than others.

I think last map thread, seawall stopwatch was asked for, could run side-by-side with the other, rather than replace - never thought to do this...

Messenjah

I quite like the system the F|A servers use. Everyone gets 3 votes on a massive list of maps. Any chance of implementing that on the Pub server?

Middy

you only have like a dozen players on the server at any one time, if you're lucky. be stickin to maps where everyone is channeled into the same area
adlernest
braundorf_b4
sp_delivery_te
supplydepot2
Supply Night final
et_mor2_night_final - a fun map but might be to big
bremen_b2 / Bremen final
Purefrag final - might be worth a look or something in this vein
Caen 4 final
Gold Rush [Greater Access] final - always found this a fun map but maybe not for small numbers
TC Base final - fun map maybe too big for numbers
Warbell
Lighthouse final2 - remember this map from ptgn days..lols

cheers whatevs

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
well... last night it was full ;)

And we're going to up the size of how maps can be voted for while also adding most if not all maps from past map threads and other new ones if found.

No praetorria still though :(