• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Max FPS

nelots

Messenjah said:
125 gives you all the perks you need for 'gamma jumps' in the latest tjmod builds.
Most servers have fixed physics set to 125 anyway - you don't gain any advantages beyond that point.
Not sure about the tjmod but back in the day I was sure I jumped better with 333fps or maybe it was just a mind over matter thing :S

Frogma

nelots said:
Messenjah said:
125 gives you all the perks you need for 'gamma jumps' in the latest tjmod builds.
Most servers have fixed physics set to 125 anyway - you don't gain any advantages beyond that point.
Not sure about the tjmod but back in the day I was sure I jumped better with 333fps or maybe it was just a mind over matter thing :S
Hmmm I seem to jump better if I physically shift my whole body towards my computer screen as I jump.

Remember donkey kong on snes? Same deal in the fabled 'mine cart carnage' I had to rip my controller upwards everytime I jumped or I couldn't make the big jumps. Same deal in wii tennis, i have to physically swing my arm to hit the ball... heyy!!! I'm wii's target audience!!

blusky

Frogma said:
Remember donkey kong on snes? Same deal in the fabled 'mine cart carnage' I had to rip my controller upwards everytime I jumped or I couldn't make the big jumps.
MASSIVE NOSTALGIA

Messenjah

nelots said:
Messenjah said:
Years ago 333 actually helped you - but these days its pretty much obsolete

nelots

Messenjah said:
Years ago 333 actually helped you - but these days its pretty much obsolete
Sweet, so I was actually getting better with those uber jumps unlike G-train who'd always fall on his arse :D