• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Modem/Router Recommendation

i0nwr1t3r

Hi All,
My old trusty ADSL/ADSL2+ modem/router has all the ports on the back of it broken from careless cable swapping & the Lan cables keep falling out when I try to power cycle my modem.

It's a 5Y.O ? billion & I'm looking to update with maybe gigabit ethernet & wireless N connectivity also.

It must be able to support ADSL2+ & have 4 lan ports on the back (8 would be better).

Budget $200 unless there is something that justifies the added expense.

All recommendations appreciated. :)

Cheers

i0n

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Akh-Horus said:
Mines cheaper and supposed to be the ants pants for signal. Nyahhhhhhhhhhhhh Phil :banana:
Wot? Phils modem is clearly superior. It has 3 sticky up bits, compared to the lowly horus's 2!

Moar sticky up bits FTW!

i0nwr1t3r

*coughs* I'm actually looking to by a piece of hardware based on recommendations here guys , not another derailed thread. :lol: :lol:

Can I get some more model recommendations please guys , so I can make a few comparisons to reach an informed decision? :rnade: :rnade:

Danke !!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
i0n didnt mention needing voip??

Click on my link in my first reply in this thread and it shows the model of the one I am recommending.