• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Music DVD'S

AussiTech

I've only ever listened to CD'S for music, but when around a friends place he showed me some of his DVD'S of Live concerts. When seeing a live concert along with hearing the music on a good system, I was blown away by the picture and sound. So I bought one for myself.
I've always been a Pink Floyd fan so I bought a double DVD called "PULSE". Recorded in 1994. The first DVD features various songs, but the second features the "Dark Side of the Moon" album live. Again on a good screen with a good sound system, it was incredible. The best song of all was in the encore of the second DVD. This was the song - "Comfortably Numb".
I've watched them many times at prodigious volumes and enjoyed them each time. Perhaps you have a Music DVD that you like a lot. Why don't you share them with us??

Frogma

I have a pixies DVD which I love, a couple Ben Folds', a Van Morisson DVD, and a totally awesome DVD of Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival which has all the legends. Now that I think of it i've also got a "The Band" DVD around here which has heaps of special guests i.e. Clapton & Mark Knopfler - once again totally awesome.

Sunncaeks

I don't have much as for music DVDs. I have a Kreator DVD Live at Wacken '04 which came with my Enemy of God album. Also have Megadeth - That One Night: Live in Buenos Aires. Would like to find Agalloch's DVD: The Silence of Forgotten Landscapes.

'bout it. :/

micky

Led Zeppelins one that came out with Mothership. (the only reason i got Mothership)

some of the best live music you will ever see.

and hear.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alice in chains unplugged is pretty awesome.

Its right before the lead singer OD's and he is totally out of his tree.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
On Metallica vids, have you seen "Some kind of monster" G?

I saw it on sbs late one saturday night & was glued to the telly until it finished. Lots of parallels with the John Lennon docco.

Sunncaeks

G-Train said:
Cliff em all - Metallica

That is all.
Heheh. Sunn O))) did a Drone cover of For Whom the Bells Toll. The full title being: F.W.T.B.T (I Dream of Lars Ulrich Being Thrown Through the Bus Window Instead of My Mystikal Master Kliff Burton)

What's that DVD like anyways? Wasn't it originally a VHS?

G-Train

Yep, i still have the VHS in a box somewhere.

The solo's from Cliff were phenominal.

Some kind of monster is a bit too commercial.

Another oldy but goldy is the 1st Skid Row vid.

Cheers

Antagonist

let me bring this to the game then...
in no particular order.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Live at slain castle.
Metallica - Binge and purge
Rage Against The Machine - Live in Mexico
Pantera - Any of there's (just menaces trash rooms and each other, good stuff.)
Metallica - S & M

and yes noob some kind of monster was a great doco, gives a really good insight to what its like to be in a band of that magnitude, who would of thought getting James sober would screw there music up lol

phatbass

queens greatest hits is pretty good some of the vids are funny rofl linkin park is good live and loud

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
G-Train said:
Some kind of monster is a bit too commercial.
Not sure i agree with you here. Seemed a quite fly on the wall to me. Can you elaborate?

Antagonist said:
and yes noob some kind of monster was a great doco, gives a really good insight to what its like to be in a band of that magnitude, who would of thought getting James sober would screw there music up lol
This was more my thinking.

Also, for music mockumentry, "This is Spinal Tap" is in an absolute league of its own. If you haven't seen it, then do so.

Sunncaeks

-OZ-noobItUp said:
[quote="G-Train":649ylaus]Some kind of monster is a bit too commercial.
Not sure i agree with you here. Seemed a quite fly on the wall to me. Can you elaborate?[/quote:649ylaus]

Well... Considering it followed the release of St. Anger.... Haha... Haehah... AHEAH! HAHEHHAEHHAHEHAEHAHEH!!!

Death_Reincarnated

I have my dads collection of quite few heavy metal bands and my own of Qlimax (05-09) and Defqon1 (07-09) which is doof doof music but the events will visually blow you away if youre not into that kind of music!