• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Need new mouse and new everything ><

-OZ-Zedekiah

Hey guys, Im getting so sick of my 2 dollar wires hanging mouse and my lousy laptop 25gig 400ram intel 92/95 graphics controller lol, I only get maximum 20fps*indoors,staring right at a wall* But ET is the only game that I play online on the PC.. So without getting too drastic and buying everything!
Ill start with a mouse, What is a good suggested mouse for ET? Is it possible to buy outboard graphics card for old 2002 TOSHIBA A1 laptops? :p OR should I just stop being such a GRINCH and buy a whole new computer system? ><

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Dude instant fix. DONT SPEND YOU MONEY ON A NEW MOUSE. GO ON EBAY AND BUY A WHOLE COMPUTER SYSTEM WHICH IS ABOUT 3 TIMES BETTER THEN YOUR SYSTEM. PEOPLE SELL LOW END SYSTEMS WHICH ARE MORE THEN CAPABLE OF RUNING ET AROUND 70FPS FOR APPROX $40! MOUSE KEYBOARD EVERYTHING!!!!!

Cheers, BR

-OZ-Zedekiah

Wow BR, Its like you feel my pain lol.. I read emotion all over your message, BUT! im lazy, sooo lazy.. I hate waitin for ebay to get here! and looking for good shit cause im hopeless at computer hardware lol, Catching fish im the man to see, thats about it, Well what should I look into buying.. Computer wise. mx518 or g5?? I love seeing everyones opinion but which one is best just for ET which is smooth and steady and with lotsa buttons :) and either way, my internet is BOBBLAH and that cant be changed cause im in a rural area.. so ill still lag :<

i0nwr1t3r

I think BR said it best,don't throw money at a machine you should retire!!!

Logitech & Razer mice are supposed to be good for gaming, but your system is what I would upgrade unless you only use it for ET.. :twisted:

What kind of budget where you thinking of spending if you don't mind me asking?

Rainbow1

Definately go with upgrading PC, only need about 1GB ram to run ET flawlessly.

Get mouse, then headset, keyboard, then mousepad. Costs no more than $300 to be kitted out.

I use the Logitech G3 mouse. LEFTY POWER!

<3 rainbow

Antagonist

hawkee - mx518, g5 and g7 are all fantastic mice, the razor series are also pretty good, but logitech just seem to hit the nail on the head with those 3, g7 is just a cordless g5.
mx518 will cost about 50-60 bucks the others your looking at close to $100, money well spent tho bro

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get a new pc hawkie, seriously you will be amazed how much better you will play. Even a p4 3.4 with a few gig of ram under $200 easily.

Mouse - depends if you hold the mouse with fingers or claw (someone say the craw??), if you use your fingers go a mamba or copperhead, if you use your whole hand go the g5 or g9. The logitech g5 is good as it has insertable weights which you can vary according to your wants ( mine has all the weights in it).

Speak to Hicksy about computer needs, he is a guru. I know a reasonable amount but Hicksy is the king of it all.

nelots

-OZ-Akh-Horus said:
Speak to Hicksy about computer needs, he is a guru. I know a reasonable amount but Hicksy is the king of it all.
Get a room already!!!
P.S - Be sure to camhorey the action!!!

-OZ-Zedekiah

As if I could get a pc for under 300dollars :S
Just noob at computers I end QQ about it and never do anything about it. Hence why this one is sooo old. Either way Itd be a good investment, then I only have my 150+ ping to blame on my deaths hehe.

Hicksy! HELPMEH :D

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Give me a budget for a second hand pc if ya want. Will see what I can do for a cheapie or as I said if you have decent money speak to Hicksie.