• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

New System

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dont crossfire the gpu - overclock/unlock it, these gpus are known for great performance.

600gb Velociraptor? Shoulda gone a big SSD!!

Everyone can throw their opinions in lol, Im just jealous of course. If you want to mail the cpu cooler to uncle horrie with 775 mounts it will gratefully accepted though :):) hehehehehehehehehehehe. Maybe a h70 with push pull may be better than watercooling, certainly a lot cheaper and lot less prone to leaks.

Just thoughts :)

And yes I am VERY jealous.

G-Train

3k is nothing on a PC. A mate at work just finished his rig, It was 8k. Best of everything, Quad high end vid cards, watercooled, 16gb of super fast ram. The fooker even has a 6 monitor setup in Panorama. And he wonders why he always has a sore neck, lol.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
G-Train said:
3k is nothing on a PC. A mate at work just finished his rig, It was 8k. Best of everything, Quad high end vid cards, watercooled, 16gb of super fast ram. The fooker even has a 6 monitor setup in Panorama. And he wonders why he always has a sore neck, lol.
Wot does he do with it? Surf OZ forumz in uberspeed?

Death_Reincarnated

G-Train said:
Ewww and its watercooled? Might as well chuck some nemos in there while hes at it. He can spend 8K on a rig but use watercooling? Id go for liquid nitrogen although he would need to resuply quite often.

I spend 1.3K on mine and it still is able to run all the latest games at mid-end settings. I really don't know why many people who use a PC for general things are tempted to spend too much on a rig. Each to their own i guess :D

G-Train

noobItUp said:
G-Train said:
Wot does he do with it? Surf OZ forumz in uberspeed?
he built it as a flight simulator as he's going for his commercial pilots license. I cant wait to have a go, not of the flight sim, but taking a V8 around bathurst on that thing makes me feel ticklish in the pants :cool:

nelots

G-Train said:
taking a V8 around bathurst on that thing makes me feel ticklish in the pants :cool:
Remember to bring your booster seat or you wont be able to see over the dash!!