• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

New Wolfenstein

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
Dude, one of the posts on Evil Clan talked about the exponential growth in system req's for ET and the system reqs for it was like multi GPU graphics card which tehy only have 1 of so far and the best i7 core, the image was a joke yet so many people took it seriously :p. I love how ingorance is bliss XD. Hehe, but I guess if you weren't really into hardware you wouldn't get it though so I guess you can't be mean.

The screenies look really cool. I will be getting it. If it proves to be succesfful which I realy hoping it is hopefully oz can get a server in the early peace and a clan popped up pretty quick. If we can establish a big community of new Wolfenstein gamers. We could help keep the community strong for the Aussie community of Wolfenstein!

Basically if they stuff up this time with the game as badly as they Did Quake Wars its over for em cuase they already had one shot this is thier second. One plus for all vids and screenies though I have seen of it. Ofcourse you will be able to tweak it and max out fps as high as possible.

Cheers BR

superMINGE

The Admiral said:
It'll be pretty similar to RTCW and ET multiplayer. Objectives etc. There are rumours somewhere that there'll be paranormal monster things on rampage in some maps, and that there will be a death match-like mode (probably the same as LMS).

Gameplay wise, they aren't looking at making any massive changes from ET or RTCW1. A new class here or there, but they aren't killing off engy and turning it into 'you go a class for a gun' or anything.

QW failed because ET fans wanted something like ET, not like BF2142. That said, vehicles are always fun.

Game was originally going to be released Q3 08. It fell way behind schedule, which is unusual considering there have been so many demos out for so long.
rumours?? go to http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09 ... tein/50085 and http://www.gametrailers.com/video/despo ... tein/47458 and http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu ... tein/51540 . definitely invloves paranormal activity haha

The Admiral

I meant paranormal monsters in multiplayer. :p

I so expected Geoff to make that thread. Not Dworkin. John's awesome. semi-playing along with it.

In seriousness, the specs Geoff said (2GB RAM, 512MB Graphics, 2.0GHz Dual Core) are probably pretty accurate. I reckon rec. specs would be a little higher - 2.4GHz Dual Core. That said, half those guys have beast computers and laptops. I don't think there are any P4's left in that clan.

On a side note, they reckon this was the second last season of north american competitive ET. Only looking to be 6 teams max in next STA season. Which is sad. No maps have been out for almost a year. Very few public servers get people any more. It is really quite surprising how strong Australian ET is. Maybe because our internet sucks and we lag bad in other games. Noobs.

G-Train

On a side note, they reckon this was the second last season of north american competitive ET.
And you look at the Euros and they have multiple leagues, regular mass-lans and their pubs are always full with 64 player servers.

ET is far from dead!

RyAn.

would the muiltiplayer on this game be able to be downloaded for free, like the game we play now?

nelots

The min. system specs for this game isnt that high:

SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP or Windows Vista(R) (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c (included & required for Windows XP & Vista)

HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS:
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon(TM) 64 3400+ processor
RAM: 1GB RAM
Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) 6800 GT or ATI Radeon(TM) X800
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
HDD Space: 8GB (Plus an additional 800MB for Windows swap file)
Media: 100% Microsoft Windows compatible DVD-ROM drive
Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer

http://www.wolfenstein.com/board/viewto ... f=14&t=491

@admiral - ET maybe dying in the states but over in europe its still chugging along. In terms of maps there have been 2 newly released maps, Falkenstein and C2_missile.

G-Train

The graphics aren't that flash so im not surprised by those min specs.

Also, they realise COD is a winning formula that made lots more money than ET, so it wont be free, eva!

The Admiral

G-Train said:
On a side note, they reckon this was the second last season of north american competitive ET.
And you look at the Euros and they have multiple leagues, regular mass-lans and their pubs are always full with 64 player servers.

ET is far from dead!
Mmm. It's fairly sad there are more Australian teams than NA teams.

Euro kids are crazy. I reckon ET might last a decade in Europe. Unless the new one pwns ridiculously hard and doesn't make them upgrade their comps.

That said, nearly all the Euro ET players I know have custom built water-cooled overclocked machines. And they play ET nearly exclusively. >.< 333FPS FTW.

*EDIT*

Just got an email. New ETPro server. Don't know why I got the email, but eh.

Through this mail we invite everyone to visit the recently opened server Wolfenstein: ET Clan NQ 2.6b dog, and the server Etpro , all are welcome here, as also invite you to visit our website constantly updated http://www.clanlatinowarsdog.com/

if you want to play in the server will wait for you, if you want to belong to the clan you can register in advance to have visited the web server, and if you have a challenge match against your clan

For those who do not know us we are a clan made up of people who speak English and Spanish, consisting of members from Argentina, Chile, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, El Salvador, Spain, France, Germany, Sweden, etc.

You can find the server Dogswar Latino save NQ Xp or the IP is 66.55.158.81:27960, and ETpro 8.12.65.130:27960
password scrimdog

We wait.
Not particularly good english. But eh.

nelots

^ LOL@ custom built OC water-cooled boxes to play ET and 333fps rofl....... they must be exclusive pub players.

I doubt ET will last another 10years, 2-5yrs max before the stragglers move onto bigger and better games.

Sunncaeks

I <3 B.J. Blazkowicz.

Is there anything that man can't kill? lol

From Hans Grosse, Hitler, Dr. Schubbs, Mutants, Zombies, Dark Knights, Lopers, Ubersoldats, the reincarnation of Heinrich I... The list is neverending. Lol.

I saw something make a comment elsewhere, that it was the first Wolfenstein game to have a plot, and so I was liek. "O:!!!!"
Blasphemy.

Leaked Beta - Google "wolfenstein.2.mp.beta.internal-st". Do some research first and read up to see minimum specs as its probably a resource hog like most new games and 'cause its still Beta. Apparently instructions in nfo to run it and can play mp on Hamachi.

claimed video playing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tvYlwOBpGA - looks a bit gay if u ask me :lol:

Might give it wirl when my monthly 40 Gb cap resets.

peace

meths