• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Noob Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

paralysis

@ death

are you still here?

regarding the topic

Spawn camp. If you can spawn camp effectively then your doing far more towards the objective then you think. And when spawn camping make sure you have 3 or 4 decent spots to camp from and move every spawn, sometimes the spot maybe even behind where the other team actually spawns. Also make sure you have a lot of ammo before you start, and preferably one of the opposing teams smg. If you can back rage and ting away you should be able to get 10+ kill streaks.

Spawn camping is not a ploy for the bad players either, if you can effectively spawn camp then you are doing a damn good job, to come up against the best players on server who have full health if often at times a hard objective, but back rage and packing always helps.

Death_Reincarnated

paralysis said:
@ death

are you still here?
What you mean? ...I'm here all the time, anytime, kit-kat time.

Spawn camping isn't a skill that noobs can learn; its a cheap tactical advantage that either the majority of the squad does or pro players can do since the opposing force is too weak to push forward. If the teams are tight then its hard to spawn camp. I don't see how this helps noobs getting better.

BTW...i'm still here...where ever that is :p :)

blusky

Death_Reincarnated said:
Spawn camping isn't a skill that noobs can learn; its a cheap tactical advantage that either the majority of the squad does or pro players can do since the opposing force is too weak to push forward. If the teams are tight then its hard to spawn camp. I don't see how this helps noobs getting better.
Any credibility of your tips just went out the window...

Spawn killing is a major thing in competitive play if you had any idea. If the OP wanted to become better he should learn to spawn kill effectively, obviously not on the OZ server.

JoKeR

At the end of the day the best players use their instinct more than anything. If you practise the points that Blusky noted enough then it will become subconscious.

Zerobyte

Blusky - ive been using your suggestions and to be honest ive been improving greatly, so thanks!

I specced you for awhile, and the biggest thing i noticed - your so god damn smooth! Everything you do did with smooth and fluid. I see if i can imitate this myself, it will improve my shooting greatly.

Thanks again to all for the suggestions, im trying everything!

Death_Reincarnated

blusky said:
Death_Reincarnated said:
Any credibility of your tips just went out the window...

Spawn killing is a major thing in competitive play if you had any idea. If the OP wanted to become better he should learn to spawn kill effectively, obviously not on the OZ server.
Were talking about giving tips to noobs to become better. All the general things they should know and spawn killing ON A PUBLIC SERVER (not competition) is not something that should be put forward to newcomers as a tactic. It has no merit and the only time it happens is like I have pointed out above. How is that meant to help them get better??? I pointed out getting to know your surrounding, which party lies on spawn camping (i generalised it) but spawn camping only has one purpouse on public servers...get frags and this by no means will help them. Yeah go tell a noob to get frags by spawn camping...that will really get his accuracy/aim better..GG /facepalm

All of my tips that I have put forward are as valid as they can be. Why? Because I learned through years of playing online multiplayer FPS games and I can talk endlessly on the many things that can improve ones ability in general but also (dis)honourably, which to my understanding are things that individuals learn after they have grasped all of the general concepts of the game and become a good shooter. If anyone can argue that any of my tips are invalid the please go ahead and put forward a reasonable rebuttal. Anyone can give tips but you have to know which audience these tips are focused on.

I could start talking about all the tactical things when using panzer but would that help them...heck no because everyone thinks going panzer when starting to play ET is stupid...just like telling them to spawn camp (IMO).

blusky

On a normal server with no SK rules and default spawn invincibility(which is most..) spawn killing is an ESSENTIAL part of game play. Obviously you have only played on OZ and not competitively at all because you would quickly understand the point I am making.

You also stated about being dishonorable - Being dishonorable in ET is non existent. Are you going to tell a player to not lean corners/backrage? I'd hope you wouldn't.

Death_Reincarnated said:
I could start talking about all the tactical things when using panzer but would that help them...heck no because everyone thinks going panzer when starting to play ET is stupid...just like telling them to spawn camp (IMO).
1 click kills isn't going to make him better at shooting an SMG and increasing his aim. Also there isn't much 'tactics' with panzer on ETpub. As I stated earlier if you knew what it's like on a server without SK rules you would understand how important spawnkilling is, regardless of ETpro, ETpub and competition style settings.

Your other tips are fine mostly.

@Zerobyte - Feel free to ask any questions.

Trigger Happy

Once you are relatively good at smg, if you do ever panzer you will get fragger every time, guaranteed.
Last couple of times I raged because I kept dying by the likes of lammy and went rage panzer. 1 click kills never felt so good :p
If you panzer, you will find out if you are doing well or not by the number of /kills that happen on you ;) Sometimes just aiming at a player makes them /kill (looking at you para) and when you have them all jittery like that, its hella funny to shoot and lean to watch them /kill and you save a bullet ;)

Cheers

Death_Reincarnated

@Blusky Putting up the idea to SK to noobs, so that they get better, has no merit. Yes its a tactic, even though cheap in many cases which is primarly done by good players on ETPub serves (hence why SK rules are in effect logically speaking), but there are alot more basics that should be put forward rather than saying 'spawn kill as much as possible, youl get better, i guarantee it'.

You cant deny that good players play dishonourably at times on public servers; this is what im getting at. Leaning is part of knowing your surroundings, backrage is being able to suprise your enemy from a diffrent angle. Both are general manouvers within the game.

As for the 1click shooting; this is my preference and i stated this but for long targets generally the shorter bursts the better.

I know what its like on a server with no SK rules; BBA is a perferct example. 32v32 and if one side fails then they get spawn camped gallore but at least on that server they shuffle the teams when they see that one side overpowers the other nor do people QQ and leave in general.

Spawn killing doesnt happen often in matches it happens mostly on public servers where either individuals rush off being rambo medic or one side just outpowers to nooby side. This issue is besides the current one so what you say we leave it at that. :)

blusky

Death_Reincarnated said:
@Blusky Putting up the idea to SK to noobs, so that they get better, has no merit. Yes its a tactic, even though cheap in many cases which is primarly done by good players on ETPub serves (hence why SK rules are in effect logically speaking), but there are alot more basics that should be put forward rather than saying 'spawn kill as much as possible, youl get better, i guarantee it'.

You cant deny that good players play dishonourably at times on public servers; this is what im getting at. Leaning is part of knowing your surroundings, backrage is being able to suprise your enemy from a diffrent angle. Both are general manouvers within the game.
SIGH. It wont be a guaranteed improvement of skill - it will give him a better understanding of how to kill the other team and give him more knowledge of when to push in depending on the oppositions spawn time. Spawn killing isn't a cheap tactic, you could say it's 'part of knowing your surroundings' and 'surprising the enemy' - spawn killing is also a 'general maneuver' within the game. When I get spawn killed by someone, for example - On axis running out of goldrush 2nd spawn and a panzer that is sitting on the bridge kills me. I don't think it's dishonorable - I think he's absolutely terrible.

As for the 1click shooting; this is my preference
LOL.

Spawn killing doesnt happen often in matches
WTF? Now you're making yourself look extremely silly. Your statement is 100% FALSE.

How many matches have you played? I can guarantee pararlarlyusssis and I have MUCH more experience than you in competitive play.

it happens mostly on public servers where either individuals rush off being rambo medic or one side just outpowers to nooby side. This issue is besides the current one so what you say we leave it at that. :)
Field ops are the best class at spawn killing, not medics. Spawnkilling is universal regardless of what mod/setting it is - it only doesn't happen when rules are in place.

Don't get me wrong some of your tips were very good and accurate but giving false tips isn't fair. Plus using the word 'dishonorable' in ET is silly. Sorry if I offended you in this post but some of it was absolute rubbish.

G-Train

Spawn killing doesnt happen often in matches
hahahahahhahahahah, funniest thing on these forums in months :lol:

SK happens in EVERY MATCH, the team that does it better usually wins, so once again, hahahahahahhahahahahahahha.

Death_Reincarnated

Ok let me rephrase the SK thing to clarify things. SK does not happen if the teams are fairly equal. This said most matches are even and the only time you would see SK happen in those if you had som euber team vs a team of noobs or things going hay-wire for one side...same thing happens on ETPub. You pin up good player against noobs then afcourse you will get SK, this has a more adverse effect on public servers since the majority of players are average-noob (plus a wider spread of players).

How is SK a tactical advantage? You can easily suprise the enemy by not being in the usual spot but what you are doing is surrounding the area where your enemy respawn because they have lead themself there; which is usually caused by the opposing side being overpowered. SK in this regard is no way a tactical advantage but merely the result of the opposite side being overpowered. You can easily SK a chocke point in the middle of the map but once again it is more than just camping one spot that noobs have to learn.

Prove that SK is not the result of one side being overpowered and i'll shut up on this topic and even apologise for my ignorance. I'm not offended by your views guys, its just that my view has a specific target and this thread being directed towards noobs getting better, I disagree that spawn killing is a valuable lesson they should learn, even at this stage.

nelots

Spawn camping is a very valuable tactical strategy in all facets of FPS gaming(mainly objective based game modes).

Sure its less likely that the lower skilled side are able to spawn camp a better skilled opposing side but its happened in both comp and public(PUG) games.

Why is SK a tactical advantage, its simple you pin the enemy back in their spawn area thus allowing your teammates to complete the objective without a full force on their tail. Games can be won or lost by a mere second so SK is a tactical advantage.

An example of SK where a lower side can perform is one where the lower team times their runs. You dont need to be the best aimer to SK, the key is to time your runs in order to peg the opposition back the 1-10seconds.

Finally regardless of teams being fair, there will always be 1 or 2 rambos running for the SK.

Death_Reincarnated said:
You can easily SK a chocke point in the middle of the map but once again it is more than just camping one spot that noobs have to learn.
Thats just camping a choke point not SK.

blusky said:
Field ops are the best class at spawn killing, not medics. Spawnkilling is universal regardless of what mod/setting it is - it only doesn't happen when rules are in place.
FOPs are the best class to control outdoor choke points as for SKing the best will always be panzers and homo mortar heads.

G-Train

Death, its obvious you dont play much comp ET as most of that stuff you said is inaccurate. Thats ok though, as without playing plenty of comp matches a player just wouldnt know the tactics of competitive ET.

And i can assure you, from the elitist Euro teams like H2k, Mamut, Overload, BB etc, to the local team of randoms, a comp game comes down to who holds the opposing spawn more effectively.

No offence, with experience comes knowledge, not the other way around.

BTW, well played Eggz in the Semi last night, but seriously, no shoutout :cry:

Zerobyte

Just remembered something too. I need a quick heads up on the lingo, so to speak.

Ive worked out what SK and TK is, bleeding is wounding team mates without killing?

Whats the PWR rating? As in what does it stand for? Mine is terrible at the moment :cry:

Joke :D

Zerobyte said:
Just remembered something too. I need a quick heads up on the lingo, so to speak.

Ive worked out what SK and TK is, bleeding is wounding team mates without killing?

Whats the PWR rating? As in what does it stand for? Mine is terrible at the moment :cry:
SK= spawn kill
TK= team kill
bleeding = wounding allies so they die easier agaisnt enemy's
PWR = player win rating (i tihnk) = its the decimal total for the amout of times your on the winning team. convert it into a percentage and that how many time you've been on the winning team. 1.000 PWR means your always on the winning team, 0.000 means your never one the winning team.

correct if im wrong

Death_Reincarnated

@nelots
I understand where you and Blusky are getting at but logically speaking in order to be able to spawn camp you would need to push the enemy back to their spawn (team work based) but for solo SK you usually get high-end players doing it on public servers. I know where the tactical side of it (SK) comes into this but if you think about it, you would not be able to get within the enemies spawn if teams were balanced to a certain degree. Sure you would "camp" a spot and wait for the enemy but to be physically doing this within the enemy spawn can preety much only be done when one side fails miserably.

I totally agree that camping a certain spot (within a squad/team) is tactical but i think we have confused ourselfs and taken SK out of context and mixed it with general 'camping a spot'. I disagree that noobs should learn about SK but i agree that these players should learn to camp a spot for tactical advantage either in a squad or solo; which points towards knowing your surroundings. I think this is what para was getting at, if he wasnt then I still disagree that SK itself has merit aspecially on public servers since all it offers is frags.

Just remember we want to teach noobs the basics in getting better at playing ET and FPS in general, and this is a public server were talking about so I think we should keep it general.

On the last note; I know we share a difference in opinion towards SK and honourable play (on public serves) but i'm sure we can reach some sort of agreement on this issue. I stand open minded :)

P.S. To the noobs out there ---> ALWAYS aim that cursor on the enemies head!

Messenjah

Any noob can solo sk death wish - think of supply depot.

I'm an axis player pushed back to the last phase (protecting gold) I respawn, strafe jump to the stairs.. still protected by spawn shield mind you.. and throw a can towards cp. Allies run out not seeing it because of the wall. Done.

SK is essential on a map like Goldrush. When allies grab the gold.. they MUST SK to have a chance to cap it.

Your views on sk seem.. wrong [couldn't think of the word]

Status
Not open for further replies.