• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Nothing using lag script

Zulu

demo shows players guid part way thru
Nothing was playing with alias warp_drive
Warping all over the place, difficult to shoot
Admitted to cheating
Demo shows when he was doing some trick-jumping, but before he was using same lag cheat in matches

https://ufile.io/vcznb

Zulu

Time to install etlegacy on server and restrict the uber (script kiddy) behaviour that turns off non-cheaters from fully enjoying server.
FPS and other script abuse is cheating.
Etlegacy server keeps count of bullets fired and distance etc, besides enabling native widescreen support, better compatibility with modern hardware, whilst still allowing us to play our fav FPS game. Also much better anti lag that shitty old 2003 exploits won’t work.

So whilst some cvar noob like Baker gets to force stupid cvar restrictions and accuses innocent players; the ol’ cheater kiddy club has been allowed to persist for far too long without reigning in their cheating and arrogant fail trolls.

Super-fast burst shots, unreal movements etc always favour the lag exploit cheaters. Time to see fair play on server finally.

gbt:)

Only commenting on this so I can get the notifications of any replies. This shit is gonna be funny
I'm guessing that there have been some decent players playing lately ruining zulu's fun of owning the casual regulars and bots so he has come up with this cute story to get them all banned.
You have accused me of aimbot, wallhax, speedhax, laghax and some crazy shit about my rnades having homing beacons or some shit.
There are always going to be people who are better than you at anything you do in life. The way you feel when you are getting beaten by better players is how the casuals feel when you own them Zulu, they just don't carry on about it. Get the fuck over it and move on. You are playing on a 37676527658235 year old game on a public and casual server.
I'd suggest you should be muted but the lols are too strong when you have your temper tantrums so carry on.
:shamefullyembarrased:

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Weird, only just saw this thread.

Etlegacy server keeps count of bullets fired and distance etc, besides enabling native widescreen support, better compatibility with modern hardware, whilst still allowing us to play our fav FPS game. Also much better anti lag that shitty old 2003 exploits won’t work.

Sorry, but I doubt we ever will switch to legacy server, unless br/phill decide to port oz to that. Going with straight etlegacy would be a bad thing, no more bans, mutes, levels, administration etc etc. Run legacy yourself if you want the hardware shit, irrelevant to us.

IIRC nothing is penguin.

I don't have time to look at this, if someone else can, that'd be great.

Baker Street

ET Moderator
"So whilst some cvar noob like Baker gets to force stupid cvar restrictions and accuses innocent players"

I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't been on the server for a while but even back then I never forced anything on the server config and certainly didn't run around accusing people of whatever it is you're on about.

And I don't appreciate your hostile tone. I have always treated you politely and amicably, and expect the same in return.

Last edited:

Zulu

You have accused me of somehow cheating with cvar snaps 40, even though it was a leftover from another server and has zero impact as internally ET client matches to server snaps value anyway if client value higher. It’s not the first time you accused me. You got the ill-advised cg_shadows forced by falsely accusing players privately to admin. Cheating with cg_shadows is absurd, but it surely looks horrible with flashing shadows under trucks, because shadows does not work well. The faulty leaking shadows with a value of 3 is much more a nuisance than anything else. Not that anybody was actually using it.
So whilst I have no probs playing with you, forgive me for contrasting your unfounded adventures into cvar accusations with admins doing not much when presented with direct proof of cvar scripting abuse for advantage.
"So whilst some cvar noob like Baker gets to force stupid cvar restrictions and accuses innocent players"

I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't been on the server for a while but even back then I never forced anything on the server config and certainly didn't run around accusing people of whatever it is you're on about.

And I don't appreciate your hostile tone. I have always treated you politely and amicably, and expect the same in return.

Baker Street

ET Moderator
Zulu you have obviously got the wrong person. When you eventually come to realise this (and you will), I suppose it would be too much to expect an apology on the forums, where you were quick to impugn me?

Last edited:

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
In relation to cccdfern if i remember correctly we have not forced snaps since about 2010 buego has suggested to force it but we have it set in tbe server cfg

Last edited:

Rainbow

Large ego from an average player

Demo is fine

ET is dead mate, making hackusation threads for this game is very 2011.
We get it, old regs are coming back for some casual pew and you actually have to compete for frags, it's tough I know. Keep praccing on those bots every night like you have for the past 2 years and you'll come good (You're my first draft pick for the 2022 ET NationWars).

TopCAt!

So much personal attack

He is using an exploit and that seems to fit under the definition of cheat more or less
There is a couple of perspectives I suppose.

1: The guy doing it, could be messing around and TJ'ing or whatever, which is fine when other players doing the same, or the exploit how-to is being shared on a casual bored friday night

2: There are a number of other players who are trying to play the game, complaining about the ONE guy who is using it as an advantage, and continuing to do so. This is a different case and is clearly trolling/ prolonging the irritation for others.

Its funny a couple times. Not when you've got the others pinned in spawn and they're complaining about it, yet he continues. Thats poor play/ being a dickhead and should be rewarded with some moderator imposition.

So, that may be "fine" to some, I don't see it that way.
Having a joke is ok, being a persistent cock is not.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guess my question being the admin with very little computer knowledge, is does what is being implied give a player an advantage, and if so, should it be allowed or banned. Is it something that gives a players something like a 5% improvement or 50%?

I have pretty much given up trying to compete at all gaming wise, my eye sight is now shot with wearing glasses and avoiding surgery for too high pressure in my left eye, and simply can't see what I used to be able to even though I now have a much larger and higher resolution computer.

Zulu

When he turned it on occasionally before doing the TJ stuff, he was basically unhittable, because warping. This 1fps script stuff probably has more use for exploiting jumps or satchels or other glitches but, it still gave him an unfair advantage and ruins it for opponents trying to aim at a warping enemy. It also stuffs around with the server end and can give other advantages like burst shots, which I've complained about many times before, and now we have proof. Is there any way to download all binds and scripts from player by admin without punkbuster running on server? That should make it much cleaner with the script kiddies and also players using cheats, as the cheats usually have a bind and extra cvars on client.

Zulu

It's been a long time observation of mine that no matter how good their ping and my own connection to server, all these uber players warp like shit all over the place, but other players generally dont. Appearing 2 metres away from last location where the suspended enemy is unhittable on target during a gun fight, is a pretty big advantage I would say. All that group cheat rather than have any better skill or reflexes. In fact more often than not, they don't even land first shots. But when you warp around and can't be killed running away or turn around and strafe warp, there's little chance of fair play. That is all that I have ever asked for, fair play without unfair advantage like hax or exploit scripts that the in-group is all in on from years ago. The lag scripts or speedhax (confirmed available on a website to purchase for etpub) cause the weird gameplay like warping players, little hit registration, burst shots and funny sounding (uneven) gunfire. Sometimes own gun sounds like not firing at all.