• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Old OZ

1Dlover4evr

To whoever this may concern.

I would like to explain to you how the old oz is missed by many users, including DirectionerGurl and I. We feel like there were more people on back then and it was also a server not like the others.

Some things we miss are:
  • both the mob arenas
  • the way spawn was built
  • all the people
  • the place in front of the mob arena that people used as a pvp arena
  • the enchantment room
  • the way you didn't have to wait to teleport
  • how you can teleport everywhere without walking
and many more, but overall we miss the whole thing.

I understand that some people like the new oz, so we were thinking that maybe someone you trust or an Admin already on oz can get the files from the old oz and make a new server with the old oz files. I have talked to Smithy about it and he told me that he "might" have the files. I'm hoping that you still keep the files and that the old oz can come back. If you think that no one will come, you are very wrong.

I still talk to some of the people that used to go on, including ForgotenThought, Ethankk, Mrminifigs, Redsy, Jeremy, IzacMatt, and many more.

Thank you for your time ~1Dlover4evr & DirectionerGurl

Last edited by a moderator:

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
Mob areana was only placed in due to the mobs were not spawning in the pvp world

way spawn was built was the same as what it was before the last reset and people still complained about it even when it was the old one

Same as point one

We could I suppose put in an enchanting room in

You always had to wait to be teleported but it was a shorter wait period back then we could put it back

We could put in the other portals for the other wildernesses in the new world

With the old files not sure if we have them from before 1.2.5 but I think we have them after it

Phil

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to post.

Both mob arenas? I know that the mob arena plugin was tried, and it had a lot of issues, such as working for a while then suddenly kicking you out, that was dropped due to that buggy-ness. The other one which I'm guess you mean, was not really an arena, since it was simply a safe area with spawners above it - Though there was only a 1 block high gap to hit the mobs through, not really an arena?

Spawn, we decided that people were getting lost with spawn and that perhaps it would be time to do something different.

People, In my opinion, after the LAN update, we lost the most noticeable amount of players - ie nothing much changed with us, just a there were drastically less people jumping on the server. Some people did quit, with the extremely vague reason of "this server sucks" or "this server isn't what it used to be" - which really doesn't help us improve it at all.

The obsidian area in front of the mob 'arena', One of the issues with it was: That people had this strange obsession with trying to tnt cannon the area and/or creeper bomb it.

Enchantment room, handy can be re-added somewhere, perhaps added to the pvp spawn itself, enough shelves for say level 15 enchants?

Teleport delay and recharge time, for ages people complained about us not having anything to stop people tping away from fights and combat, we first added the 5 second delay because combat tag was incompatible with mcmmo. Then later we managed to add combat tag (which was also asked for quite often). So at the moment, we have one or the other, I would have to check.

Teleport everywhere, I assume you mean /warp shop, /warp wild/pvp, /warp mob & /warp jump. We could re-add those.

We are not able to set up another server, nor give out those files to someone so that they may start their own.

Fern (Smithy)

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
On the related note of suggestions, another player WillDundee, would like to add these since he can't make an account.

• Enchantment Signs
  • Lovedone kit
  • More /homes for donators
  • Finish the weapons shop

sinderley

I agree with Sheeny (1D),
Not to be rude but I loved the old OZ and it just gave me that feeling of true enjoyment.
I also miss the old players, eg: being raided by Beroy and Redsy daily ;).
Nowerdays there's not really any challenge what so ever.

But, I still love the people on the server :3, so I shall keep playing and I still like it, just not as much as I did back then and also, me and KiloHertZ refer to it (Back then) as the good ol' days :).

Thanks for reading,

sinderley.

sinderley

I would also like more /home's for donor's and for the admins to maybe get the players a bit more involved with stuff eg: building and just helping out on a whole.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Well, since pvp map was reset etc etc,
  • We have added /warp pvp
  • lovedone's have bed spawn
  • New PvP spawn's (we once again have far north and far south 'spawns')
  • Pvp spawn has enchantment tables in it
  • /warp jump was re-added, teleport delay was removed
  • Loveone kit re-added (28 days cooldown)
  • Tools kit added (stone tools + stone sword - 1 day cooldown)