• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Overmars is a Crap Admin and the Server is Currently Terrible To Play On

Overmars

ET Moderator
Can't argue with the first part, meh.

I've been told though that my shit admin abilities are going to cause the death of the server because I am not forcing the teams to be more even, am not shuffling to force better players onto the other team, and I'm not kicking and banning more players that stack, rather than letting the server sort itself out when the teams have an even number of people.

So, please have your say.

Is the server currently shit to play on?
Are you currently enjoying playing ET on OZ?
What do you think of a relaxed moderation style that let's the adult players work it out for themselves?
Do you want more control to be taken by OZ admins?
Are you finding maps being ruined because the stack is crazy, or does it play balanced most of the time?

My experience is that the better players seem to be playing both teams, and that most of the time in a run of say 10 maps, at least 7-8 are pretty well matched.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, or just talking out my butt.

What do you all think?

(Trolling accepted, but honest useful answers appreciated.)

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
Starters your not a crap admin
And second most of the players these days are adults so they could sort stuff out for themselves
Maybe at the start of a map or in the middle run a how fair every couple of maps

Sh1rts

Have only been on a few times this year, but although a couple of games were crazy stacked in general if you stay on, it does balance out overall. So no, I don't think we need more moderation Mars, and anyone flaming you saying you're a crap admin and kick more people and wah wah wah is basically just crying.

in b4 "trolling", no I'll wait for Jerker to say something :D

JoKeR

Overmars good admin. Server always been affected by stacking, used to be worse back in the day (me, Ulti, blusky, rainbow ect all on the same team). As Sh1rts said, evens out with more people.

ebbs and flows, ebbs and flows

Womb@t

Overmars is a very good admin. As for stacking yeah it happens from time to time as Jerker said ebbs and flows,ebbs and flows.

Baker Street

ET Moderator
There is an old sailing adage "Light weather, light hand on the tiller; heavy weather, heavy hand". You have the balance just right Mars.

asch1

Mars you admin just fine, I also thought you showed great patience with the person in question probably more than most admins would have, a bit disappointing on occasions with some peoples attitude towards others when things don't go their way especially if they are OZ members, after all the game is supposed to be played for fun and OZ members should have a little respect for each other or why have a clan at all, but with everything in life some take it to extremes and get frustrated when they are not the center of attention or there is someone more capable than they are.
Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.
Cheers asch

:et12:

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing wrong with you or your methods.

(my take) So long as ego's exist, so shall stacking's.

Chin up, chest in, hammer at the ready!

Covie

:drowning:Overmars if you really were a good admin you would allow myself back on the server and keep the real cheaters off

kajah

One prob with mars. Specs too much, plays too little :p
Server seems to balance itself out after a map or two of carnage. Players are all pretty mature and most are there for ggz... and trying to kill peng just once.