• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

oz server not showing up in server list

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
We might know we might not all I can say is that we have tried nearly all the possibilities only thing left to do is move it to another server and see if it works or downgrade to the pervious version of our pub

Last edited:

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Downgrade would be in reference to the pub mod afaik, so it wouldn't affect players much if at all

TopCAt!

Possible to spawn an instance of older version on same DC? For a few days etc see if that works.
Not sure if related but there seems to be an unjoinable OZ et-pro scrim server on the main page of forums, whats the go with that? It always says online

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Possible to spawn an instance of older version on same DC? For a few days etc see if that works.
Not sure if related but there seems to be an unjoinable OZ et-pro scrim server on the main page of forums, whats the go with that? It always says online
119.252.190.210:27960 ? Joined fine, though may need some tweaking, not sure what its set to currently.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
No? Just waiting on phills test results. I don't have much I can do atm.

Last edited:

Covert

ET can still survive. Unfortunately it seems the OZ admins are too ignorant to change anything. I know atleast 10 decent players who will not play because the server is a joke. Nobody wants to play on etpub. Nobody wants to play on a server with 100 mines around every map. Nobody wants to play on a server where 90% of the twats will just hide in their own spawn and then complain about being spawn camped. It is sad that none of the 'regulars' that do still play have any interest in changing things to help improve activity.
The game is still extremely active in europe/US etc, partly because they are mad nerds over there, but I believe it is mainly because all of the individuals involved in running things do what the community wants and again unfortunately we have nobody in charge that is willing to go the extra mile and make things better.
The dog is dying, put it down and get a new puppy that everyone loves and will come play with

Inb4 matilda says something stupid

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Um, interjection: why isn't the etpro server being used instead then?

And by "Nobody wants to play on etpub" do you mean etpro/nam/jmod/etc? Which please.

Trackbase has these (unlisted only had ones) from 381 servers:
And for the sake it, only 13 state xpsave

Last edited:

matilda

DerpLyfe
Don't listen to covert. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the server or ETPub.
He wants to change it so that he can dominate the game more. Do you honestly think THAT will bring in more players!?
The extra mines etc level the playing field to a certain extent.
And fernie's right. If you love ETPro so much, why is the OZ ETPro server always empty?
Covert, get your mate Villain and go play there instead!
The reasons we've lost players are as follows:
(1) that week when the server went down was disastrous (player numbers never recovered after that incident)
(2) it doesn't appear on the master list
(3) new games with fancy graphics (no young people want to play a 13 yr old game).

Covert

Let me say that another way. I know there is zero chance of the oz etpro public server becoming active. With all due respect the server is full of noobs who won't play without being able to spam med packs/rnades/panzers/mines all day long. I am happy enough on etpub regardless of the useless hitboxes, it is probably a good thing they are the way they are so the better players are less dominant. What I was trying to get across is the semi active group of players who were still gaming stopped playing because of the reasons I said. If the server was kept etpub but had a few of the idiotic things in it tweaked a bit eg mines etc then you could draw a few people back who would play. Not saying you will get full servers every day because you won't. But it is painful for people like myself who aren't from the world of 15 mines and unlimited rnade/panzer recharge. If you combine the best of both worlds you MIGHT improve numbers. Of course the server list issue being fixed will help more than anything as it seems people are not smart enough to get ip etc.
On a side note, the complaining of certain regulars is pretty over the top. It is very frustrating when you play well and are just spawn camping people and all they do is cry out camper/hacker etc. But then if you decide not to spawncamp you don't find anybody because they are all mined up in their own spawn hiding somewhere waiting 10 minutes for the chance to get a kill or two.
Also playing with bots is a big turn off for a lot of people, I understand the point of them there is so the first people to join up aren't just running around doing nothing.. But when there is say 3 people on each team and still 3 bots they are just in the way and should be turned off. Can't tell you the amount of times I have left or gone spec because nerds won't turn off bots so they can get some kills and pretend to themselves that they are amazing players who shoot 60% accuracy. Also make it so people can't just stack up teams if bots are on(if there are 2 on allies and 1 on axis the new player should not be able to join allies)

My suggestion - get the god damn server list problem fixed somehow. Keep the server etpub but tweak a few of the settings so that players who are more accustomed to etpro might play. Fix your spawnkill rules - if arty and panzer aren't allowed then rnades and mines shouldn't be either. Also if you have any ET friends on steam/facebook or whatever maybe try and get them back involved. Lets keep the greatest fps going. Even try setting something up once a month like a baserace draft comp.
I know I have a lot of haters here and I wouldn't have it any other way, but for the good of the game lets put our personal trolling fun aside and work together for once to try and improve the server

Peace :cigar:

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Let me say that another way. I know there is zero chance of the oz etpro public server becoming active. With all due respect the server is full of noobs who won't play without being able to spam med packs/rnades/panzers/mines all day long. I am happy enough on etpub regardless of the useless hitboxes, it is probably a good thing they are the way they are so the better players are less dominant. What I was trying to get across is the semi active group of players who were still gaming stopped playing because of the reasons I said. If the server was kept etpub but had a few of the idiotic things in it tweaked a bit eg mines etc then you could draw a few people back who would play. Not saying you will get full servers every day because you won't. But it is painful for people like myself who aren't from the world of 15 mines and unlimited rnade/panzer recharge. If you combine the best of both worlds you MIGHT improve numbers. Of course the server list issue being fixed will help more than anything as it seems people are not smart enough to get ip etc.
On a side note, the complaining of certain regulars is pretty over the top. It is very frustrating when you play well and are just spawn camping people and all they do is cry out camper/hacker etc. But then if you decide not to spawncamp you don't find anybody because they are all mined up in their own spawn hiding somewhere waiting 10 minutes for the chance to get a kill or two.
Also playing with bots is a big turn off for a lot of people, I understand the point of them there is so the first people to join up aren't just running around doing nothing.. But when there is say 3 people on each team and still 3 bots they are just in the way and should be turned off. Can't tell you the amount of times I have left or gone spec because nerds won't turn off bots so they can get some kills and pretend to themselves that they are amazing players who shoot 60% accuracy. Also make it so people can't just stack up teams if bots are on(if there are 2 on allies and 1 on axis the new player should not be able to join allies)

My suggestion - get the god damn server list problem fixed somehow. Keep the server etpub but tweak a few of the settings so that players who are more accustomed to etpro might play. Fix your spawnkill rules - if arty and panzer aren't allowed then rnades and mines shouldn't be either. Also if you have any ET friends on steam/facebook or whatever maybe try and get them back involved. Lets keep the greatest fps going. Even try setting something up once a month like a baserace draft comp.
I know I have a lot of haters here and I wouldn't have it any other way, but for the good of the game lets put our personal trolling fun aside and work together for once to try and improve the server

Peace :cigar:
I pinged your last post to br with a few extra words and I'll add this: Yes there is lots we can do, should/could do. I don't have authority to say we will do this, but I am pushing for the etpro server to be setup like what you and others have asked for as a demo of what maybe we could become?

Fern