• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

oz server not showing up in server list

TopCAt!

+1000 on the weekly/monthly reunion comp. Moon baserace panzer war. Not that Minis tirith which is JUST TOO BIG.
I would have it so saturday early evening starts with an old school 6 map campaign on stock(ish) settings and then baserace for an hour or two then map vote after that. Or Baserace marathon is every sunday from 4pm.
Then you've provided something that could be great in the times that people are looking for it.
Fix the server, advertise far and wide and sit back as people return for the "events". There used to be some type of events planning in the past, return to that concept and make something of it.
Dig up some clan comps/ callvote et pro settings for this and ditch the etpro server.
Old Clan Reunion wars (like geriatric rugby)
Remove the min players per panzer rule and just keep one with slower recharge
Max 4 mines/engy
Maximise trolling as long as it doesnt undo the work put in to get people back
Minimise Bots

The inaction/indifference is the first hurdle to overcome, just get it fixed, rework it for the environment we are in now, and enjoy having something to enjoy

Covert

100% agree with oldmate above me. The comps thing isn't such a bad idea, running an inhouse 3v3 comp or something could be fun if we got some numbers back.
Also can we make zulu donate $1 for every stupid thing he says? Atleast then there is a point to him going on like an idiot all the time

JoKeR

+1000 on the weekly/monthly reunion comp. Moon baserace panzer war. Not that Minis tirith which is JUST TOO BIG.
I would have it so saturday early evening starts with an old school 6 map campaign on stock(ish) settings and then baserace for an hour or two then map vote after that. Or Baserace marathon is every sunday from 4pm.
Then you've provided something that could be great in the times that people are looking for it.
Fix the server, advertise far and wide and sit back as people return for the "events". There used to be some type of events planning in the past, return to that concept and make something of it.
Dig up some clan comps/ callvote et pro settings for this and ditch the etpro server.
Old Clan Reunion wars (like geriatric rugby)
Remove the min players per panzer rule and just keep one with slower recharge
Max 4 mines/engy
Maximise trolling as long as it doesnt undo the work put in to get people back
Minimise Bots

The inaction/indifference is the first hurdle to overcome, just get it fixed, rework it for the environment we are in now, and enjoy having something to enjoy
What a great post.

Teddles

The server has its problems, but none are anywhere near as serious as the master list.

Covert, WRT to your complaint about mines and panzas, I feel that its a little hollow - those are really a minor distraction in an otherwise total domination by meds such as yourself, penguin, villain etc. You simply don't experience enough deaths to these weapons to warrant your sustained complaints. I'm happiest when the server has a mixture of a bunch of good fraggers such as yourself doing the smashing, some hopeless noobs trying for cheap kills, and everyone else in between. To me, the variety of weapons adds to the richness of the game. Meds vs meds on ETPro is not something I can be drawn to, same probably goes for a lot of other players.

Though I will agree with you on something - there is a shitty culture on OZ with constant whining and accusations of hacking. Some complainants have become bad parody of themselves, mainly because of their failure to accept that it is possible to have less skill than other players despite how much you practice. Its like buying a $500 pair of track shoes and complaining that the other sprinters are drug cheats because its still taking 20 seconds to run 100m. There will always be much better players than you. Always. And what's worse is that there are server admins that chime in, which I think is not acceptable. Either shit or get off the pot. If you're not demoing and banning, then there should not be any accusations. The whole hacking outcry has turned me off in the past, and this is coming from a low skilled player..

I also don't understand the mentality of players stacking allies and finishing maps in 3 minutes. Holy jesus. What is the point of playing like that? I guess that will disappear if a lot more players come back and give both sides some depth. Here's hoping the master list problem is resolved.

Onward and backwards!

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
Ok we have found the issue with the master server list after many many hours of going backward and forth between the dc and other stuff.

The main issue which was making us pull our hair out trying to figure out why it would not work as every thing was working fine, was that the our server was directing to 2.55 not 2.60b which should be rectified tonight or tomorrow hopefully.

The other issue was that the data center had blocked all the master server lists IP addresses so nothing was getting through to the server list.

Regards Admins

Ulti

congratz guys, hopefully you can get the server numbers to pick up.. might even install ET myself, anyone got a config lol

JoKeR

Is there any chance you could e-mail every member on this site about the master list problem being solved? Even just a reminder to everyone that the server is still up and running.

Advertise a fun night via e-mail also. Say in a couple of weeks time on a Sunday night. Panzerwars on some stupid gimmick map. Might be one solution to getting the numbers back up.

Thanks for getting the problem sorted.

TopCAt!

Any Ideas for the gimmick/get together night? Nostalgia Night we should call it maybe?
GJ on the fix Phill and team GJ GJ GJ

Baserace
Panzerwar
Old school 6 map campaign - for the Glory Days trophy

Also relook at the maps on the vote list, might be an idea to add a few and subtract a few
Focus on maps that are geographically small and always get high votes
Rotate different maps each month if possible (not sure how much work goes into this)

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
? Baserace is a much loved and requested map, only real hate for it was the desert version where you couldn't see shit.