• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

oz server not showing up in server list

Zulu

My setup proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that it's not all about the tool (My gaming setup, not just my personality). These days I use a wireless samsung notebook. Perfect for university (what I bought it for), shithouse for gaming.

You're no different to some of the tryhard idiots I used to dominate in track and field. Some people just can't accept the fact that natural ability can, and often does, supersede effort. And in this case, the tools/instruments at ones disposal.

You are mentally deranged, Zulu. But I have to admit, your malfunctioning brain is a delightful source of entertainment. Long may you continue to obsess over the source of your gaming inferiority.

ET wouldn't be the same without you :kiss:
did your parents give you ET dna did they? it might matter a bit in certain sports but not when pressing keyboard buttons.
pro fps players have only some advantage from experience and advantage from good setup, whatever that might be. either a good pc or one that is setup to work particularly well in a particular game or even their distance to isp exchange. you'd be surprised how little difference there is between skill levels if everything else was actually the same.
but it doesnt surprise me that you overstate your ego inflated skill level, as it suits you to a T to ignore everything else and blow your trumpet in direct opposition to what anyone else says about how their game plays or what they're playing on.
maybe your so uber that even playing on 0 fps on a 0Hz monitor you'd still smash everyone, right?
or maybe delayed server packets, delayed or missing sounds, input lag, screen artifacts, all actually add up to substantial difference.
if u had a brain, then u would realize that comparing any equipment free sports to fps online gaming is not smart. computers are extremely complex, with many layers of hardware and software and their various bugs. Just because it shows a desktop doesnt mean it will run same in a online fps battle. internet networks are now partially preferenced for video streaming and caching thereof. you think when i press attack on my ET client at home that it instantly and without fail happens on the ET server?
How about i host a temporary ET server from home, you think you'll win? at least i play fair.

TopCAt!

+3 autoshuffle each map and some minor reprimand like 5 year ban for stacking.
!putteam used to be able to override the balance but it doesnt seem to work anymore?

JoKeR

did your parents give you ET dna did they? it might matter a bit in certain sports but not when pressing keyboard buttons.
pro fps players have only some advantage from experience and advantage from good setup, whatever that might be. either a good pc or one that is setup to work particularly well in a particular game or even their distance to isp exchange. you'd be surprised how little difference there is between skill levels if everything else was actually the same.
but it doesnt surprise me that you overstate your ego inflated skill level, as it suits you to a T to ignore everything else and blow your trumpet in direct opposition to what anyone else says about how their game plays or what they're playing on.
maybe your so uber that even playing on 0 fps on a 0Hz monitor you'd still smash everyone, right?
or maybe delayed server packets, delayed or missing sounds, input lag, screen artifacts, all actually add up to substantial difference.
if u had a brain, then u would realize that comparing any equipment free sports to fps online gaming is not smart. computers are extremely complex, with many layers of hardware and software and their various bugs. Just because it shows a desktop doesnt mean it will run same in a online fps battle. internet networks are now partially preferenced for video streaming and caching thereof. you think when i press attack on my ET client at home that it instantly and without fail happens on the ET server?
How about i host a temporary ET server from home, you think you'll win? at least i play fair.
I seriously doubt my setup is any better than yours. That was my second point, to supplement my assertion that I'm simply better than you in the talent department, which is also true.

I beat you on a four year old wireless notebook, with a mouse that tunes out anytime I attempt a 180 turn. If we played in some sort of controlled environment, with everything more or less equal equipment/setting wise, I am very confident the gulf between us widens, in my favour.

Your obsession with this game is scary. I'd vouch my life you'd meet the criteria for one or two personality disorders.

Last edited:

Covert

On topic - cccd you're probably right in saying it is not really worth going after these wallers. I watched a demo I took when the two that I believe are suss were on the server and to me they are two of the most blatantly obvious wallers I have ever seen(I could be wrong) but their aim is so bad that it really gives them little if any advantage. So in the interest of server numbers perhaps leaving them to play would be the better way.

/callvote bots off+shuffle is perfect if it can be done. Any sort of auto balancing I feel is pointless tho because the balance is done off that player rating thing, which in no way will be able to recognize the better players. For example asch will probably have a higher rating than most people on the server because he always plays attacking team and does the objective which in turn gives him a better rating, but he is in no way the best player on the server.

Off topic - holy shit zulu is retarded can we make it an auto kick for everytime he talks about settings determining skill level? :stop:

Zulu

On topic - cccd you're probably right in saying it is not really worth going after these wallers. I watched a demo I took when the two that I believe are suss were on the server and to me they are two of the most blatantly obvious wallers I have ever seen(I could be wrong) but their aim is so bad that it really gives them little if any advantage. So in the interest of server numbers perhaps leaving them to play would be the better way.

/callvote bots off+shuffle is perfect if it can be done. Any sort of auto balancing I feel is pointless tho because the balance is done off that player rating thing, which in no way will be able to recognize the better players. For example asch will probably have a higher rating than most people on the server because he always plays attacking team and does the objective which in turn gives him a better rating, but he is in no way the best player on the server.

Off topic - holy shit zulu is retarded can we make it an auto kick for everytime he talks about settings determining skill level? :stop:
settings? my, you are retarded. is that all you know about pc, ET settings?
you and joker are the biggest stackers, biggest trolls, especially against some n00bs and then you fail to see any reasonable arguments because it doesnt suit your ego stroking. get off it.
thank goodness you have the internet to hide behind, otherwise your abhorent juvenile misbehaviour would have landed you both many smacks on the face, not just from me.
you guys do everything other than help the server and the dwindling ET community. thanks to you both being obnoxious arrogant upstarts. intelligence of a brick but a mouth from here to kingdom come.
thanks for your diagnosis joker. here's my diagnosis of you: a little smelly turd.
if you've come across many people that suspect you cheat or have unfair advantage of sorts, why is it that they're all retarded and whatever? your superior natural talent and intellect should allow you to figure it out. moron

Last edited:

Zulu

I seriously doubt my setup is any better than yours. That was my second point, to supplement my assertion that I'm simply better than you in the talent department, which is also true.

I beat you on a four year old wireless notebook, with a mouse that tunes out anytime I attempt a 180 turn. If we played in some sort of controlled environment, with everything more or less equal equipment/setting wise, I am very confident the gulf between us widens, in my favour.

Your obsession with this game is scary. I'd vouch my life you'd be meet the criteria for one or two personality disorders.
Here's my revised diagnosis for you: 100% ego idiot, 0% personality and intelligence.
I still remember that you couldnt answer a year 8 math question. So talking to you is pointless, as there's nothing in your head other than your ego the whole time, whilst you've got your hand on it. If you think you are convincing in anything, it's only convincing that you lack the most basic of intelligence or social skills.

kajah

Let's keep the debate civilised and not resort to abuse!

My first hit on Google was this:
https://www.quora.com/Are-some-people-naturally-better-at-videogames-than-others
which... as it's on the internet, must be true... But the guy seemed to be in a similar situation with one of his friends who always dominated on tekken. No hacks there.

I do think people have talents and are naturally better thanks others at particular things. The book "First break all the rules" by Marcus Buckingham is an excellent book for understanding how to manage people, and why people "fit" into certain roles in the workplace. Putting someone into a position that doesn't match their talent will almost always give a substandard result compared to an equally experienced person with that talent. The book's research was done by Gallop over 25 years and interviewed 80,000 managers, so it not someone's ponzi idea.

I also remember short times during games where I've been able to track players almost all the time, but it takes all my concentration and only lasts a short while. I can definitely see how some players could be at that level more often, or with less effort, and so dominate everyone else. Especially younger players. Ie. Below 25. Yeah... I'm over 25...

JoKeR

Decision-making, hand-eye co-ordination, temperament, instinct, focus, reflexes.

^^ These components separate players, both in sports and games. ET is not a game which requires a great deal of PC processing power. Zulu exaggerates his settings/lag/illuminati conspiracy issues and how they affect his performance, to such a ridiculous extent.

Unfortunately for Zulu, cognitive capacity varies across people. Despite this universal truth, Zulu will continue to attribute his gaming inferiority to agents outside his control (pc performance issues), thus deflecting responsibility for said inferiority.

Here's the bottom line though: Zulu just ain't as good as some of us. He will continue to launch into tirades of hackusations, then play the victim when those on the receiving end of his bullshit bite back. Matilda, will then of course jump to his defence.

Last edited:

Covert

There have been countless ET lan events held over the years. If zulu's idea that if everyone played with the same settings and the right settings for the game then players would all have the same skill level then the players at these lans would all perform to the same level - which they obviously did not. Every person has their strengths and weaknesses. Everyone has different configs and their game set differently to suit them.

TopCAt!

There have been countless ET lan events held over the years. If zulu's idea that if everyone played with the same settings and the right settings for the game then players would all have the same skill level then the players at these lans would all perform to the same level
I don't think thats what he is saying tbh.
He is saying the different gameplay experiences affect some more than others.
The logic is faulty to say that an even playing field will cause even performance across players, (which supports your position in any case) but I suspect its more like players would perform to their best on the day, not the same level comparatively.
In fact, from going to LAN games myself, I was reasonably accurate and so expected to go better and get a good k/d on the LAN with a 2ms ping but the players I knew who were average on the old ADSL1 became lethal and cleaned up.

Joker is very aware that he can annoy people by attempting to prove factually he is superior. Oleaginous trollus yet well framed and constructed indeed, quality trolling.