• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

oz server not showing up in server list

Zulu

Maybe it's just me, but looks like the server not showing up on list for a month or so. Therefore not many players turning up on server.
You guys need a hand sorting it out? i can do the required network protocols testing to establish root cause.
Cheers

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Other day phill sent an email to the masterlist people, not sure what came of that.

Zulu

our net ip is net_ip "119.252.190.217"
is that the actual IP on the interface or just the NATed internet address. if it's the latter, net_ip cvar should be left blank.
The only thing left after this is being blocked outbound on the udp port net_port cvar. DNS is working correctly on oz server and i believe reverse dns mapping not necessary for master servers. oz server sends a piece of text to all sv_masters saying "heartbeat" every now and again, as long as it can find out ip and route to send the udp datagram to. i'll read more code and check some bits.

Last edited:

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
it is set in the comandline we cant cange any thing in there but i think it is being blocked by the port at the data center ill shoot br an email asking if the dc can unblock as there is no firewalls running on the server box it self

Zulu

it is set in the comandline we cant cange any thing in there but i think it is being blocked by the port at the data center ill shoot br an email asking if the dc can unblock as there is no firewalls running on the server box it self
Yes, all outbound traffic from the box should be free to pass.
If net_ip causes issues, you will see errors during startup about not being able to bind socket. it will still startup though.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
there is no errors in console so i think there is a block somewhere in transmitting to through the data-center sent br a message about it will see from there bit of console log below
Resolving etmaster.idsoftware.com
etmaster.idsoftware.com resolved to 192.246.40.60:27950
Sending heartbeat to etmaster.idsoftware.com
Resolving master0.etmaster.net
master0.etmaster.net resolved to 91.220.53.121:27950
Sending heartbeat to master0.etmaster.net

Kill: 6 3 9: ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^7Michael killed ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^7Zarna by MOD_MP40
Kill: 1 12 10: ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^7trynkillme killed ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^7Royen by MOD_THOMPSON
Medic_Revive: 2 10
Item: 2 weapon_binoculars
Item: 2 weapon_mp40
Item: 2 item_health
Kill: 5 8 10: ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^7George killed ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^7Hitnrun by MOD_THOMPSON
Sending heartbeat to etmaster.idsoftware.com
Item: 3 weapon_binoculars
Kill: 7 4 15: ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^7Malin killed ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^77Vera by MOD_FG42
Kill: 1 6 10: ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^7trynkillme killed ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^7Michael by MOD_THOMPSON
Kill: 7 10 15: ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^7Malin killed ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^7FullMonty by MOD_FG42
Item: 11 weapon_binoculars
Kill: 10 5 45: ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^7FullMonty killed ^r[^sB^rO^sT^r]^7George by MOD_LANDMINE
etpub popup: allies planted "the South Anti-Tank Gun"

Zulu

i think i found the problem. doing server status shows protocol is 82. this is the older protocol before et 2.6. upgrade or whatever required so protocol is 84.

Zulu

i think i found the problem. doing server status shows protocol is 82. this is the older protocol before et 2.6. upgrade or whatever required so protocol is 84.
damn it. that's probably not it either. one of the commands shows protocol 82 and other 84. must be 2.55 leftover command. serverstatus and serverinfo.

TopCAt!

Is it a hosts file problem on the server this caused clients to not see lists previously, not sure about servers tho

set sv_master1 "etmaster.idsoftware.com"
set sv_master2 "master.gamespy.com:27900"
set sv_master3 "master0.gamespy.com"
set sv_master4 "clanservers.net"
set sv_master5 "master3.idsoftware.com"
set sv_master6 "wolfmaster.idsoftware.com"
set sv_master7 "master0.etmaster.net"

Found this on google, looks like its got something to do with ET

Zulu

the hosting helpdesk should be able to help out in resolving this issue. oz admin probably dont have access to a terminal shell and linux server logs for troubleshooting.
most new/casual players arent stopping by anymore because not on ingame server list.
i think the etmaster.idsoftware.com is on port 27951. worth a shot.

Overmars

ET Moderator
Is there anything I can do to help with this? If Wolfenstein Sri Lanka can get theirs to show up, surely we should be able to ...