• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

oz server not showing up in server list

Covert

Matilda do you ever say anything useful? Nobody said put baserace in the server rotation.
The idea tho for a large scale game of baserace to generate interest again is fantastic. Get some of the old players back on for it and with any amount of luck they might start jumping on the server from time to time.
My suggestion for this 'nostalgia' night would be to vote 2 team captains on baserace, have players join the server and cointoss for first pick then let the ggs begin.
Original 6map campaign could also be fun as topcat said because lets face it, everyone misses railgun

TopCAt!

Captains idea is good however the two best players by general consensus must be opposing otherwise ittl be stack city and last all of 5 minutes

JoKeR

People won't all show up at the same time for any sort of lunchtime team captain thing. Just keep it light and un-regimented, i.e. relaxed and fun. The better players would disperse for the sake of the resurrection of ET.

JoKeR

Actually, putting the map 'Resurrection' into the rotation would entice G-Slart to make a comeback. 5 man goomba babyyy.

If noob ever decides to make a comeback, I'll be shining my un-deployed mg. Homo.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, putting the map 'Resurrection' into the rotation would entice G-Slart to make a comeback. 5 man goomba babyyy.

If noob ever decides to make a comeback, I'll be shining my un-deployed mg. Homo.
I can do this!
Dropped sabre peak and basketball map (dunno if it was loading *shrug* its out)

Last edited:

kajah

Thanks for getting server name back up!!

Had ggz last night. Saw some old names. Allies won goldy with 10 seconds to spare cause joker couldn't carry and cov was too busy camping spawn :p

Good times!

TopCAt!

Is it possible to have a weighted map vote rotation whereby certain maps feature more often.
EG during 100 map change cycles, the 6 most popular maps will feature on the votelist 80% of the time, the average ones that used to be popular appear as an option 15% of the time, and 5% of the time there would be a strange one thrown in to tempt voters and occasionally get the nod. You could then randomise the 15% list from 100+ maps and not worry about updating it for a very long time.

matilda

DerpLyfe
Haha. Nice idea, TC. But, in all seriousness, do you think the voting system in ET could ever be that clever?

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
We have it so that once a map has been played it shouldnt come up in the list for 10 maps i think it was

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
We can only have 20-30 maps on the server at one time as the map voting system stuffs up if we have more

Zulu

QFT ... from the most improved player of 2015.
Good idea. Automatically allocate joining players based on their skill level to stronger or weaker team. Helps to prevent the antisocial stacking which is all too often the strategy to subvert opposing team getting objectives. Or anything else that helps to balance teams when admins not around and we agree to it.
Even when my system runs ET like shit because its downclocking the graphics card OR if there's some shonky players, it should even out with good team balancing.

Teddles

Zulu, you need to play as Axis more, because the maps are being rushed in minutes by the likes of Asch and Swizz, which makes the server BORING causing players to QUIT.

ET is dying, Zulu.

It's dying.

Zulu

Zulu, you need to play as Axis more, because the maps are being rushed in minutes by the likes of Asch and Swizz, which makes the server BORING causing players to QUIT.

ET is dying, Zulu.

It's dying.
ET will never ever get old and it will never die. i've uploaded it to skynet to make sure.
Automatic allocation will fix up historical alliances and I'll be axis more often.
To no surprise, we're getting more players on server since becoming visible again.
Good to see we're protocol 84, so silly people can threaten DDOS until they have no breath left and their ip gets automatically blocked when this feature is enabled.
I'm still battling lag of various type more than the skillz of the l337 players, but still enjoy this game/server/players more than any other game.
I wish skynet would delete youtube and netflix, so at least net lag goes away.
Can we dissect joker's brain to get the shitz skillz for our aimbots? i need to get past his level so i can pass a level on tetris.
Anyway, keep it casual fragging with some map change now and then and we're good. No regimented semi-pro bulldust..when only some players have ET running good. The excuses about it's not the tool but the player are hardly appropriate..try using a lawnmower or a crippled sportscar for a v8 race. yes they will all go on the track. How you play has a lot to do with how ET runs. Even some sounds get missed (dont play or lag) when ET runs bad. That's because ET does all the sounds using CPU intensive code..at the same time as trying to do graphics and net. One kind of lag cascades onto other aspects.
Enough notes, frag later.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
Our pub mod is currently being updated to since etpub has had sone changes to their source so expect a new dl soon once testing has finished

JoKeR

ET will never ever get old and it will never die. i've uploaded it to skynet to make sure.
Automatic allocation will fix up historical alliances and I'll be axis more often.
To no surprise, we're getting more players on server since becoming visible again.
Good to see we're protocol 84, so silly people can threaten DDOS until they have no breath left and their ip gets automatically blocked when this feature is enabled.
I'm still battling lag of various type more than the skillz of the l337 players, but still enjoy this game/server/players more than any other game.
I wish skynet would delete youtube and netflix, so at least net lag goes away.
Can we dissect joker's brain to get the shitz skillz for our aimbots? i need to get past his level so i can pass a level on tetris.
Anyway, keep it casual fragging with some map change now and then and we're good. No regimented semi-pro bulldust..when only some players have ET running good. The excuses about it's not the tool but the player are hardly appropriate..try using a lawnmower or a crippled sportscar for a v8 race. yes they will all go on the track. How you play has a lot to do with how ET runs. Even some sounds get missed (dont play or lag) when ET runs bad. That's because ET does all the sounds using CPU intensive code..at the same time as trying to do graphics and net. One kind of lag cascades onto other aspects.
Enough notes, frag later.
My setup proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that it's not all about the tool (My gaming setup, not just my personality). These days I use a wireless samsung notebook. Perfect for university (what I bought it for), shithouse for gaming.

You're no different to some of the tryhard idiots I used to dominate in track and field. Some people just can't accept the fact that natural ability can, and often does, supersede effort. And in this case, the tools/instruments at ones disposal.

You are mentally deranged, Zulu. But I have to admit, your malfunctioning brain is a delightful source of entertainment. Long may you continue to obsess over the source of your gaming inferiority.

ET wouldn't be the same without you :kiss:

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
I actually would love to implement the skill rating to auto balance teams. Might be super annoying to those , but perhaps we put on a limit to x time at end of map so it can't just screw you to the other team with 3 seconds to go. (technically we can code anything, technically I don't know if I can code any of it), No Lyfe is required (lucky I have that in check).

The sound issue Zulu I have seen has been fixed in ET Legacy, I'll see if I can permanently "borrow" the fixes they implemented.

They also added some awesome anti lag features from ET PRO that we'll also try and do the same with.

We've just had a meeting, the more we can get ET to automatically have to be the devil and admin the less "discrepancy" there is of admins having to make those decisions, which normally puts everyone in frustrated positions (and I know all of them..... ... ..... ... ...).

Did someone say instant explosion throwing knives, yeah I agree what a great idea.