• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Please fix the swear filter

matilda

DerpLyfe
So it seems the words 'hack', 'cheat' and 'wall' have been added to the swear filter at Covert's behest.
This is patently ridiculous!!

Every other profanity is permitted but not these 3 words?????????

Are you kidding???

Please fix this immediately.

Many thanks
mat

PS Just so you know: covert has a grievance against zulu which is not deserved.

Last edited:

Covert

So it seems the words 'hack', 'cheat' and 'wall' have been added to the swear filter at Covert's behest.
This is patently ridiculous!!

Every other profanity is permitted but not these 3 words?????????

Are you kidding???

Please fix this immediately.

Many thanks
mat

PS Just so you know: covert has a grievance against zulu which is not deserved.
Matilda for the love of god what will it take for this to get into your fucked up head. I did not request this, Topcat did. I agree with it 100% tho, hacker etc should be filtered. If anyone on the server has a problem with cheaters then quit the fucking game and pm an admin here on the forums, nobody wants to hear your shit ingame.

Covert

3. The words hack, speed, aimbot, wall, cheat, WALOS, etc are added to swear filter and cost 50hp burn
Above is a copy paste job from Topcats post on the other thread.
Now you may all stfu, matilda if you have a problem take it up with your fellow oz members, yes I do agree it is a great idea and it should be there, it is in no way my suggestion so again I say, stfu. :)

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
3. The words hack, speed, aimbot, wall, cheat, WALOS, etc are added to swear filter and cost 50hp burn
Above is a copy paste job from Topcats post on the other thread.
Now you may all stfu, matilda if you have a problem take it up with your fellow oz members, yes I do agree it is a great idea and it should be there, it is in no way my suggestion so again I say, stfu. :)
It was taken up :|, wall and speed were removed for their common-ness the rest stayed, this was on the cards not that long ago as well, probably got sidelined due to le masterlist breaking.

We/you don't need this shit been thrown at you when you're trying to play, if they have legitimate concerns they can message someone, but accusing during match is annoying and unwelcome.

matilda

DerpLyfe
fern, phill, br
with all due respect you don't play ET. Well hardly, anyway.
I cannot believe how you're pandering to every whim of the server's most despised player, namely: covert.
If you had to put up with him and his antics as much as we have to you wouldn't listen to a SINGLE thing he says.

Thank you for reading this.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Mat, we've got to cater to everyone if we want to keep players, Phill and I both have shitty schedules when it comes to night time gaming.

I do actually know these people and have exchanged many a hot word with them, we're here to play not bitch about this that and everything.

Covert

Likewise if cccd was witness to the way you abuse your right as an admin on the server you probably wouldn't be a part of the clan anymore. Open your mind matilda. You cannot argue that the server would be a much better place to play if hackusations weren't occurring every 20 minutes. Aside from Zulu talking absolute rubbish the only time I really fire up and troll these days is when people go on about me hacking which is just laughable. I do agree that the words 'speed' and 'wall' should not be on the filter tho, just leave it at cheat, hack, hax etc. With any amount of luck after a few days people will get the message and hopefully all the accusations of cheating can be done directly to admins over the forums - the way it should be.