• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Poor defense/Objective rights

Wolfenstein Enemy Terriory -OZ-McBain had no grounds to kick me for doing obj and was out of line in doing such.

It's is a players right to complete the objective/objectives necessary to complete the task/mission should the player/players see fit at their own free will even at the exclusion of map time.

Axis should further work together as a team in order to sufficiently defend the objective.

ET is an objectives game.

No pain no gain.

<<SilveR*LeadeR>>

Last edited:

McBain!!

Yes pray for me Bandido

Silver I consider doing the objective in around 3 mins a form of trolling, it's what Midas used to do to piss
everyone off. It ruins the game when people keep deliberately doing it and then everyone leaves.

I guess I should've asked you to stop before booting you, but normally you don't listen anyway plus
I can be a bit impulsive sometimes. If you can just hold off for a little bit and enjoy the map it makes it better for everyone.

JoKeR

Since when is ET an objectives game? The game is so much more dynamic than that, I've found other ways to have fun :et11:

Overmars

ET Moderator
It's a multi-player game Silver. Many people on server for many reasons. You are trolling, which only benefits you. Kick is justified, for benefit of the many. IMHO.

Yeah, it is fun to see how fast you can get stuff done. But you can do that without ruining maps for everyone else playing. I've often taken out North and South on Oasis before Allies have the wall, but just diffuse so the map can continue. Best of both worlds instead of just being selfish.

Not that I think that you actually care anyway.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Et is a good combo of deathmatch and objective, too much of one (or to quick) can really kill the match for everyone.

Thundercracker

Bain almost apologised, I'd take that and cash it in while it's still valid silverdork

Frag whore medics were the downfall of the game, "IMHO", ruining the diversity you speak of. In any regard, if the defensive team is divided and doesn't support the engineer/s (like you guys said some people play for DM and others for the objective) don't have a sook and kick the attacker if they complete the objective. Why don't you kick those trolling frag whore medics on the defensive team instead (by the logic of this thread)? Or how about the useless axis engineer mc... um, mc something? They're all compliant.

If you want a diverse TDM then make a mod where you get rid of the medic class and the objective or alternatively you could reduce the medic HP advantage, their inherent probabilistic defence against explosive damage and remove their regen compleltely, while also removing the objective. But then the frag whore medics wouldn't feel so superior, but you guys said it, diversity is better right?

Maybe instead the holy !rules need to be amended to include "play ET as the whimsical OZ admins dictate even if it contradicts the design of the creators of the game and the custom maps" or "study the life of Midas and don't replicate anything he ever did, does or will do in the future".

If all else fails blame batim.

JoKeR

^^
umad

Clearly part of the diversity of the game involves rambo medics. The majority of the players concentrate on the maps objectives anyway, even now.

Your rant makes no sense, you're just madbro.

Thundercracker

was a good effort joker. I give it 0.5/5 for humour (umad bro is pretty old now) and i'll give you a generous 3/5 for your reasoning; you only grasped the base theme of diversity but you completely missed the other themes so there is room for improvement (quite a bit actually). It was mentioned that doing the objective "ruins the game" and "everyone leaves" and I can't exactly test that ET numbers dropped off because of frag whore medics but this was one of the things that made the game pretty boring for me, personally. The /killing on ETpro was also pretty lame. I have to emphasise that this is all in the context of a public server (you missed a lot of the contextual themes so I want to make that clear).

I usually go what ever class the team has least of (without having too many soldiers or covies) but I found in my time that I spent the least time as a medic because you would usually have a tonne of medics on your team (frag whores). It can actually be a lot of fun to be a medic that backs up your non-medic teammates. It would have been nice if those frag whores played some time as other classes so other people could have fun as medic.

*EDIT* I just noticed this:
Since when is ET an objectives game?
The majority of the players concentrate on the maps objectives anyway, even now.
^^ good times

Last edited:

JoKeR

You decided to compare a tongue in cheek remark with a serious response to the post that you made, which was laced with bitterness and frustration. And now you have decided to use it as your signature, how cute. How ironic that you accuse me of being unable to understand context.

Of course you are expressing your frustration in the context of a public server you angry little man. Why would you feel the need to even bring that up, you're creating a misunderstanding which doesn't even exist.

The real reason you have contempt for rambo medics is the fact that you were stomped over, and over, and over, and over again by them. Rambo medics whether you like it or not do play a role in facilitating objective success. They pin the enemy in spawn, and kill them, allowing the less skilled players to pick up the pieces (i.e. capture the documents).

Your comment about rambo medics choosing another class so that others can enjoy playing as medic makes no sense. There are seven slots for medics on the server, very rarely are there seven medics on a team. Most players would rather play other classes, due to the additional options they have at their disposal for fragging (such as artillery for fops, mines for engineers ect).

Last edited by a moderator:

McBain!!

I didn't mean to give the impression that no one should do obj or that it shouldn't be done reasonably quickly. I just wanted to make the point that finishing a map in around 3 mins or under is a bit selfish and is troll-like behaviour (imo). Everyone gets the shits, especially if it's done several maps in a row and then some dorks vote fueldump or something as I wrote earlier.

Sorry for kicking you Silver, I'll endeavour to be less whimsical in future.

Thundercracker

@ bainy, I liked the "whimsical" part of your comment. 5/5 for humour! penis friends unite! :)

You decided to compare a tongue in cheek remark with a serious response to the post that you made
Come on Joker since when do you make tongue in cheek remarks (something I take to mean a remark in good humour and not any kind of serious attack intended to put down the recipient)? From what I’ve seen you just want to say stuff to piss people off by what ever means. In this case at the cost of contradicting yourself, or did you? A much better defence of your first comment would have been to say “I meant, 'Since when is ET an objectives ONLY game?'”. Whoops! I wonder if you even remember what the logic was for that comment when you wrote it? I don’t think it matters to you since your motives are very apparent.
laced with bitterness and frustration
It’s funny what you can learn about people by the characterisations they try to hurl at you. Let’s see what else we can learn about joker
And now you have decided to use it as your signature, how cute. How ironic that you accuse me of being unable to understand context.
It has/had the desired effect, just like the rumours you and your associates were spreading about me and continue to spread here, whoops, your lies got deleted, ignore the last part! In any case if we were to assume you meant a “tongue in cheek” comment then why couldn’t what I did be perceived as “tongue in cheek”. Is it that you assume everyone is trying to be vindictive joker? Do you just assume everyone is like you or out to get you? lol. Quite a double standard.
you are expressing your frustration in the context of a public server you angry little man.
wow joker you didn’t tell me you were going to write up your autobiography. Try to stay on topic. (will there be more to learn?)
Why would you feel the need to even bring that up, you're creating a misunderstanding which doesn't even exist.
It’s called a contradiction, we’ll get to more of that soon… oh but your second contradiction got deleted, luckily I saved it to my avatar [BCOLOR=rgb(252, 252, 255)]:)[/BCOLOR] more tongue in ass!
Your comment about rambo medics choosing another class so that others can enjoy playing as medic makes no sense. There are seven slots for medics on the server, very rarely are there seven medics on a team. Most players would rather play other classes, due to the additional options they have at their disposal for fragging (such as artillery for fops, mines for engineers ect).
I understand some of the ideas I presented may be hard for you to grasp, but did you ever stop to think that some people are smart enough to know not to have a team full of medics (I’m talking about other people here, watch out it’s not all about you!)? If those other people did all go medic I can assure you the people who just came to play frag whore medic will not switch over. Lucky for those people who aren’t stubborn asses and balance out the game. I remember people in the past being told to go engie (the distant past, come on now joker I’m going to have to spell this out for you, I played ET for a long time so I don’t just mean in OZ). Seriously thanks to those people who give a more diverse experience!
Hey, we did learn one final thing about joker but we had to backtrack quite a bit!

Sorry for the long post but it's really had to push his thinking out of that tiny little box he has. Still joker, if you need more help just ask. :woot:

JoKeR

Come on Joker since when do you make tongue in cheek remarks
I make them frequently

It’s funny what you can learn about people by the characterisations they try to hurl at you. Let’s see what else we can learn about joker
Your characteristics are transparent, highlighted recently by your tendency to twist anything and everything I type.

It has/had the desired effect, just like the rumours you and your associates were spreading about me and continue to spread here, whoops, your lies got deleted, ignore the last part! In any case if we were to assume you meant a “tongue in cheek” comment then why couldn’t what I did be perceived as “tongue in cheek”. Is it that you assume everyone is trying to be vindictive joker? Do you just assume everyone is like you or out to get you? lol. Quite a double standard.
It can't be perceived as tounge in cheek because you're not capable of saying anything funny.

It’s called a contradiction, we’ll get to more of that soon… oh but your second contradiction got deleted, luckily I saved it to my avatar [BCOLOR=rgb(252, 252, 255)]:)[/BCOLOR] more tongue in ass!
It's called you creating a misunderstanding which does not exist, leading you to believe there is a contradiction which again does not exist. It must be hard living in perpetual confusion.

I understand some of the ideas I presented may be hard for you to grasp, but did you ever stop to think that some people are smart enough to know not to have a team full of medics (I’m talking about other people here, watch out it’s not all about you!)? If those other people did all go medic I can assure you the people who just came to play frag whore medic will not switch over. Lucky for those people who aren’t stubborn asses and balance out the game. I remember people in the past being told to go engie (the distant past, come on now joker I’m going to have to spell this out for you, I played ET for a long time so I don’t just mean in OZ). Seriously thanks to those people who give a more diverse experience!
The point was that many players will choose classes other than medic independent of whatever the team dynamic is. This is because they prefer to frag with lotto weapons, given they are poor with smg weapons. Is this still confusing you?

Thundercracker

Lotto weapons? What game are you playing? Seems there's a lot of emphasis on fragging for a game played by the majority for the objective, in all "seriousness", and since when is SMG something that requires a lot of skill? It's like the pub has brainwashed you into thinking you're amazing at SMG when people are just coming there and not trying their hardest and just having fun. Yeah it's very confusing. Just seems like you're spewing out crap based on the assumption that frag whore medic is the pinnacle of skill and somehow no one else can play it haha.

Creating a misunderstanding where it does not exist?

Your rant makes no sense, you're just madbro.
It's like you're a walking contradiction :facepalm:. The hypocrisy is amazing. I could point out more but we all know ur just trying ur best to sound smart. You still sound a bit mad cause you're repeating yourself. Is it "hard living in perpetual confusion"? I think you make a lot of things "transparent", I was just here for the lols but you started your creation of "misunderstandings".

Last edited:

JoKeR

Lotto weapons? What game are you playing? Seems there's a lot of emphasis on fragging for a game played by the majority for the objective, in all "seriousness", and since when is SMG something that requires a lot of skill? It's like the pub has brainwashed you into thinking you're amazing at SMG when people are just coming there and not trying their hardest and just having fun. Yeah it's very confusing. Just seems like you're spewing out crap based on the assumption that frag whore medic is the pinnacle of skill and somehow no one else can play it haha.
I guess you still don't understand, bummer. Ok so this isn't about me, or the fact that I think I'm gods gift to ETPub. Being successful with an SMG does require more skill AND concentration compared with lotto weapons. Your point about people wanting to come onto the server just to have fun is bang on, but what often facilitates this fun (particularly for the old buggers) is not to have to squint their eyes and elevate their blood pressure levels by aiming at targets for prolonged periods of time with an SMG. Instead, they can pot shot away in their own time from a distance with rnades, panzers or spam artillery. Point, click, kill. They can also plant landmines as an engineer, and get this, they can even build stuff! It's all so exciting!