• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Specs Revealed for RTCW

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/carmac ... ,8177.html

The minimum specifications for the upcoming PC version of Wolfenstein appeared on the official forums.

Zoom

Yesterday id Software's Peter Sokai revealed the minimum system requirements for the upcoming PC version of Wolfenstein. According to his forum post, fans will need an Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or an AMD Athlon 64 3400+ processor, 1 GB RAM, and a 256 MB Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT or ATI Radeon X800 graphics card. In addition to a required HDD space of 8 GB (plus an additional 800 MB for the Windows swap file), the minimum requirements call for Windows XP or Windows Vista, DirectX 9.0c, a DVD-ROM, a 100-percent DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card, and a broadband connection for the multiplayer portion.

In other Wolfenstein-related news, MTV Multiplayer is reporting that the single-player campaign will feature 1,638.4 Nazi deaths. According to the blog, the game tracks how many Nazis gamers actually kill via the Statistics section. The high number was calculated based on a screenshot provided by Activision, depicting an overall 36-percent progress and 639 Nazi deaths. 'I was able to determine that, upon reaching 100-percent completion, you’ll have killed exactly 1,638.4 Nazis in a variety of ways,' Frushtick wrote. 'Granted this doesn’t factor in replaying missions (which is almost certainly required to get to 100-percent completion) but hey, math isn’t an exact science!'
Thanks to admiral for showing me the link. Cheers

Joke :D

jeez the developers must have had a few good deals with computer parts manufactuerers. wowzors high specs, i cant even run the mp beta :(

*RwS*

im just spewing that you cant pick anything other than frenchy resistance uniforms for the resistance :(

Death_Reincarnated

I saw the pre-ordering case for this game in EB Games and it had those specs so I can confirm these are real.

Nothing too extreme in the specs department. Sure CPU is bit high but its not dual/quad minimum.

nelots

Death_Reincarnated said:
Nothing too extreme in the specs department. Sure CPU is bit high but its not dual/quad minimum.
Say what??? seriously what are you guys smoking in them CSIRO labs???

P4 3.2ghz cpu 'is bit high'??? maybe 5yrs ago but not now.

phatbass

lol cheekz alot of ppl still dont have that its not living in the 60's its a realistic pov that not everyone can afford awesome pc's like the parents who pay for the kids pc so its a budget 1

Death_Reincarnated

@nelots lol 3.2Ghz is preeety much top benchmark for single core CPU. I am suprised they havent put up specs for dual/quad as minimum since many of the recent games have already.

@Phat lol ye thats true. I had my previous PC for ages before i decided to get a new one. Basically the whole thing began to fail and was slow. For a long time i couldnt play newer games...but was glad I could play RtCW :D

I'm willing to get this game....scheduled date for release is August...and were already in this month!!!!!

nelots

phatbass said:
lol cheekz alot of ppl still dont have that its not living in the 60's its a realistic pov that not everyone can afford awesome pc's like the parents who pay for the kids pc so its a budget 1
For game developers who release games that can still run on one core processors it is.

Plus my comment is not about the average households computer hardware but comparing towards other new release pc games' minimum specs and current available hardware options.

Death_Reincarnated

nelots said:
phatbass said:
For game developers who release games that can still run on one core processors it is.

Plus my comment is not about the average households computer hardware but comparing towards other new release pc games' minimum specs and current available hardware options.
Hence why i said they have not put minimum-specs for a dual/quad core processors where as games already recently out do that...this makes it more compatable with older (pre multi-CPU) PCs IMO but considering 3.2GHz is preety much top-benchmark of single CPU PCs, it still is top-end.

This game was in the production for quite some time and isnt it based on the same engine that ET:QW was made?

Just finished watching GoodGame show and they will be looking at Wolfenstein in their next episode so go to the GG website and download it from next tuesday or watch it on abc2 next monday (i think its on mondays)...double check that one.

phatbass

the sooner they stop making games run on older/slightly outdated pc's the better the games will be they have to skimp on so much to make it run on most pc's its not funny and on top of that the physics engine they are using is just an updated version so in short even if you have the best pc in the world your not really gaining all that much

Death_Reincarnated

@Phat yeah but you know the problem is how long the games take to make plus the engine its made on is used for a long time before they upgrade or change to a better one. This is what I find weird about this wolfie ---> 6800GT 256MB with 1GB ram as minimum? Thats sort of midranage atm but hey they want to sell as much so who is the best audience? the mid-spec players. If people were forced to uprgade their PCs they wouldnt bother for one game (well most of them) hence they would lose lots of money so im not suprised game developers tend not to sell games made for high-end spec PCs.

I just cant wait to blazt ze darn nazis out of ze bunkers!!!

Death_Reincarnated

Messenjah said:
Promod is being made as soon as SDK tools are released.. WE'RE SAVED!!!
Lol this is soo tunring into a backwards compatable game....were basically turing Wolfenstein back into ET except that its a more beautiful looking game.

People are going bit nuts i think... The beta version is just that....buggy version and people are willing to make changes based upon that.

Game physics overall look very similar to ET but some aspects of the game like the weapon-zoom has to go or it will be modded. I'm sure they are trying to make the game more realistic but in the end people have always enjoyed the major aspecss of ET and it wont be easy to convicne them otherwise.

I wonder how much graphical tweaking you will be able to do in the end product. Hope that commnad prompt will still be available

The Admiral

That's one of the best things about the RTCW/ET/Wolfenstein community. If we see something we don't like, we change it, and then eventually force the whole community to accept that change. How many servers running pure ET get any players on them? ETPub/Jaymod/NQ/ETPro FTW!