• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

The answer to all of overzealousgamer's minecraft issues

CowsWithGuns

Administrator
Staff member
Sinderply, you are trying to get out of your ban, if you really want that to happen you need to make a proper appeal to admins, not just demand you are unbanned. They have been very lenient with you for months now.

And no, that is not all of the answers. The big drop happened when the mc devs made it extremely easy for a person to run a server from home, just a click of a button and you are in multiplayer.

I hope Oz can just put the past behind them and unban everyone,
Unban all the hackers and griefers that ruin things for others? Why?

CowsWithGuns

Administrator
Staff member
I have made an appeal, no response.

Actually, I have made 3. One to Tessatjuuh, one to ferny and one to admin@overzealousgamers.com. I am willing to show my mc launcher and show my versions folder if that is what I have to do. But I am just wanting to make oz better and tbh I don't even know why I was banned, I didn't demand it I am asking for it in a constructive way while trying to make the server better. If you really want your server to be better then you'll have to start listening to the players or it'll just get worse and worse.

You also kept my 283 Australian dollars (Including OZGgamer's purchase), why?

And no, that is not all of the answers. The big drop happened when the mc devs made it extremely easy for a person to run a server from home, just a click of a button and you are in multiplayer.

On other servers they still manage to get a decent amount of players on and have a good community. >.>
I saw your "appeal" it pretty much just said, I paid money unban me. That is a demand, not an appeal.

All money paid to the server goes into hosting cost. OZ is a not for profit collection of servers, its called a donation because it goes straight to hosting costs, nothing else. Did you forget to read the sign that said all donations are non refundable?

And it was a group decision to ban you because you have cause trouble for admins over a long period of times and been temp banned enough to show that you have never learned a lesson from any ban.

You are welcome to make a proper appeal, not just demand to be unbanned.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Right, now that the first post is readable, I might point out what hasn't already been pointed out.

Jwig - Prone to having over 5 accounts, uses all of them to abuse people heavily, given multiple chances through ban resets etc

reds1026 - impersonated admins, congrats thats an instant ban; afterwards spammed advertising for own server.

racerboy/skatershawn/harvell - all were caught red handed flying around

freaklogic - observered flying to a point, then xraying to something

And perhaps so people can stop spreading rumours (doubt it)
cupcakesloveme - voluntarily banned due to her brothers tendency to use her account to grief/go-around-ban. Now she can be unbanned when ever she wants, just need voice confirmation that its she who is asking.

ban people for no reason with no evidence
Every ban has its evidence -.- whether by video, screen shot or logs, its all there.

[HR][/HR]

After 2-3 consecutive resets of the server, and some non-resets we decided to also reset the ban list, some stayed off it, but most just did the same thing and went straight back. So its really a case of, "will they repeat? or will they stay under the radar till we stop watching them?".
[HR][/HR]
yup your correct there.

The decline in average players is no new news as such, when I joined the server, and while I was mod, we had on average 30 players with maxes of about 60, now, after the LAN update, that dropped, to an average of 15-16 and maxes of 25ish. This value really hasn't changed much since then, some highs some lows. But what I need to point out most, is that when that update popped, all we did was update, no reset, no new maps, nada.

Thing is, we do and don't have a community, how many players actually visit the forums? how many players know we do more than minecraft? how many have even bothered to check?

In-game we do have a community of sorts, out of we have a few people here and there, this is wholly up to the players to take part in, we can only do so much.

I was talking with another server owner the other day, they pointed out one thing we had missed, many had missed, the game is being directed at a different type of player,

It used to have 50-60 on every hour.
I have never seen that many in logs or online at the time for over an hour. and it wouldn't be every hour since the majority were/are from america... so theres still that good chunk of the day when no ones on.
[HR][/HR]

Another strange thing I keep coming across with players is that when they say "In the good old days", they mention some not very old things o_O:

When we had the mobspawner area - this was there because due to the current minecraft patch/bukkit, mobs literally weren't spawning, anywhere. so we decided to make the room, then when the issue was fixed it was 'removed' with a new map.

Big spawn - Do you know how many people actually joined, stood there not trying t "where is x" didn't get answered in the next 10 seconds and left? phenomenal amounts -.-

Old warp wild - That was really old, the oldest I know anyway, a small squarish box of obsidian and glass in a plains biome, surrounded by a massive area of warzone and not pitted with holes, all the bases at that time were on the surface, and just obsidian boxes in plain sight.... with really big holes under them :).
[HR][/HR]

Reset everything... hmm. right so the thing (resets) which statistically loses us the greatest quantity of players is the thing you're suggesting we do to get them back..... I see that backfiring.

[HR][/HR]

The only appeal which will be taken and read is the one to the admin email account, the private messages were not replied to and the one you just posted on the forums will be hidden, it does not belong here.

Think thats everything for now, some of thats not on topic but will be useful none the less.

tessatjuuh

Sinderley, I have told you why you were banned. And you know this reason as you have mentioned it in various emails and messages to several admins and the admin email address.
It is also not something that should be discussed on a public forum but in pms and, preferrably, via email.

CowsWithGuns

Administrator
Staff member
Also Fern on your post, you never mentioned why I was banned, please do tell.
As per BR's rules all bans are to be discussed via email. Any further questioning trying to bring it up here will end up in deleted posts & infractions.

phillgates2

Administrator
Staff member
and the reason to why you have not had an email is because we have said 2-3 months before you can do a appeal which it had not been even a month before we got your first demand, most of your appeals have been demands not appeals as well your last one was on the right track though

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to point this out now before you dig a hole; in your videos Kilo was quite obviously operator (op).
Also, the names wrong.

Basically, it was kinda easy to spot these things. (also when you first uploaded these; you told tess it was from 3 weeks back, seems real weird to post it later than sooner...).