• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/
  • server back up

Tutorial: General Admin and moderator guidelines

Melongeed

Administrator
Hello all, there is a few general things that I would like to say, just a few guide lines.
Following this may help moderators that are new to the job or just a general guideline.

In the end it is not what this guide says, but up the moderator and admin discretion. Every Moderator and Admin is different.

This is how I see things, the owner, I'm quite tolerant sometimes, but sometimes I am not. Depending on the offence.

Spamming, offensive language, harassment + bullying:

Most moderators know what spam and offensive language is. But I will just give you a small guideline:

Spamming:
Spam is annoying, it really is, spam is typing in chat with the same message, random characters and other nonsense.
I don't consider talking a lot as spam.
Few examples:
Player one: JOIN ARENA ONE
SPAMMING

Player two: sdfgdfsgdfsgdshfgh
Player two: asdfguoewisjgmlkklg
Player two: dsfgiosduvmwqpoji
SPAMMING

Player three: Hello, I'm new to the server!
Player three: Wow, spawn looks amazing
Player three: I love this place so much!
player three: Melongeed, you so pretty!
player three: (General talking)
NOT SPAMMING

Swearing:
Swearing at players and general use is different at times.
I find general use of swearing tolerable. Sometimes
Swearing towards other players is a warning anything after that can equal a kick then if they continue a mute, every moderator and admin has this ability. So use them. I will not give out examples because there is nothing to show.

Harassment and bullying:
I do not tolerate this at all, bulling and harassing other players can get you banned from the server, Admins and soon to be moderators have the ability to equip themselves with the ability to read private messages, also the owners have the ability to go through the logs, there is no hiding from this, if you're being bullied, tell us, do not retaliate at all! Any retaliation can stop or slow down the process, also both players will get a warning if you deal it back to them.
MODERATORS AND ADMINS SHOULD BE OPEN TO HELPING PEOPLE WHO ARE BEING BULLIED. IF THE ADMIN OR MODERATOR CANNOT RESOLVE IT, FORWARD IT ONTO THE OWNERS STRAIGHT AWAY.

This is meant to be a fun and enjoyable server.

Mutes, kicks and bans:
Moderator's and administrators have the ability to mute, kick and ban any player, players are able to challenge the ban by going to the ban appeal. (setting this up soon)

Personal friends and family members are not void from the rules, the rules still apply to them.
Myself and Pickle are available for any moderators, admins and any user to ask questions.i

I will continue this guide this later as I am busy at the moment, right now this is the basics

Like I said at the start of the guide, it's up to the staff to decide this is a basic guideline.

Thank you, Melongeed