• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Unban penguin

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
tl, dr
I made a mistake, (again) so pengs ban is to be removed.

We've got a good range of players, some pros, some regs and some cannon fodder, together we make an alright bunch who can be hard to balanced and hard to moderate. Some of us are here to blow off steam others to play, this should all be fine within our small set of rules - don't be a dick and don't cheat.

As it turns out, being very good at the game doesn't actually equal cheating nor should it earn you a ban, just because you're better than the rest (sorry peng, joker ~ others). So there has been an overly long discussion on whether or not penguin cheats/hacks/whatever and essentially it came to nothing as everyone was either on the fence or saying no, so when asked the other day if we've made up our minds, I said ban because I was sick of the situation ~ ie wrong way to handle that.

We have no proof of penguin haxing sooo yea, ban isn't fair.

TopCAt!

The video of him tracking a flying enemy through a wall and through the air is as obvious as you can be. I'd love to hear the explanation behind that one. Maybe the mouse got stuck?
Also while on the issue as much as baiting other we should be muting equally and maybe with a bit more freedom to move as they troll equally and then goad players and admins into doing something about it so I suggest we just mute with prejudice for any comment that has bad character

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
He isn't hacking. God knows how many bans I've given for hacking, but KFC isn't a hacker. Or if he is, he is smart enough to raise sufficient doubt. Let's drop this aspect yeah?

Bandido

ET Moderator
As TC said how do you explain his tracking of that enemy through the air? Im not saying he is hacking because im no expert but that looks very sus.

matilda

DerpLyfe
Lol Pengu doesn't hack
known him for years and he has always been a haxer and been banned from more servers than you think.
Have a read of his old blog and tell me he dosent hax. Be quick cause when he sees this and remembers its still up he will remove it
https://www.blogger.com/profile/07114204934943295086
So which one is it?

Also, the guy has a blog with 45 separate links to cheats! Doesn't exactly help his cause, does it?

Last edited:

LEMR

Not to sound one sided, but how do you prove the blog is actually his? :S
Anyone could have made it with that name. Literally anyone.

Overmars

ET Moderator
Fair enough. It does seem a bit silly to me to be the middle of all this trouble to then come back and troll with no recoil sniping (whether it's glitching/macro/script/settings/whatever as an aid). Pengu is certainly not the worst example in a decade of examples, he actually seems like a decent guy, but is there a correlation between how good you get at a game and how much of a dick you are (and how little you want to contribute to the enjoyment of the other players on the server)?

Maybe there are others, but blusky seems to be the only one that comes to mind who would actually put the server first. (consistently)

*shrug*

Last edited:

7 League Boots

I haven't been playing ET for ages as havn't been in the mood for it, but due to the current situation I got a bit of time
(that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it), so back visiting virtual Ozland again.

Speaking as cannon fodder, I was thinking - well "don't be a dick" is a good rule in theory, but one reason why I like this place is very much due to the 'robust' sort of banter that occurs. Maybe Australians have a generally thicker skin than most, so what might be considered appalling comments and behaviour elsewhere are tolerated here, so long as it doesn't become actual nasty and sustained bullying of someone.

I guess it's a thin line - also difficult to exactly define what 'being a dick' actually is.

That being said, if people are getting their feelings hurt over an online game, they might need to reassess their priorities.
Although we should perhaps protect those who are incapable of doing this. Life is tricky.

Also "we only get decent activity when there's outrage" sort of speaks volumes about the character of the server.
My view: don't ever change :trump:

p.s. I realise my comment doesnt exactly belong in this thread. I'm like some sort of Irrelevant Necromancer Wizard Chimney Sweep.

Bandido

ET Moderator
I haven't been playing ET for ages as havn't been in the mood for it, but due to the current situation I got a bit of time
(that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it), so back visiting virtual Ozland again.

Speaking as cannon fodder, I was thinking - well "don't be a dick" is a good rule in theory, but one reason why I like this place is very much due to the 'robust' sort of banter that occurs. Maybe Australians have a generally thicker skin than most, so what might be considered appalling comments and behaviour elsewhere are tolerated here, so long as it doesn't become actual nasty and sustained bullying of someone.

I guess it's a thin line - also difficult to exactly define what 'being a dick' actually is.

That being said, if people are getting their feelings hurt over an online game, they might need to reassess their priorities.
Although we should perhaps protect those who are incapable of doing this. Life is tricky.

Also "we only get decent activity when there's outrage" sort of speaks volumes about the character of the server.
My view: don't ever change :trump:

p.s. I realise my comment doesnt exactly belong in this thread. I'm like some sort of Irrelevant Necromancer Wizard Chimney Sweep.
Its hard to know how people are reacting at home over this game and even more difficult to know if they are under a lockdown.

Cheers, Great to see you back mate