• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

wat do u fink of the OZ hitboxes ???

wat do u fink of the OZ hitboxes ???

• Worse than before(liked da old onez betta)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bucket

Haven't been able to hit one yet, they aren't still for long enough. Those that are still are hovering over my dead body stealing my pants. ;> ;>

Messenjah

ET hitboxes have always been inaccurate sadly. Many of the movement animations that players perform in-game distort the head hitbox specifically.

When what is left of the CyberGamer elitist complain; I do believe their main complaint is not of the accuracy of the hitboxes (because neither pro or pub are accurate) but rather it differs to what they've grown accustomed to for the past 6 years of playing this game. Unable to adapt because they've "learnt" to aim a certain counter intuitive way, they complain.

I don't have a real issue with the OZ hitboxes, but they certainly do feel "different" to what I'm used to.

werq0h8x

It's not an inability to adapt.

If that was the case then we 'elitist' GA / CG players would all have horrid KDRs on the OZ etpub server.. which is not the case. Etpub as a whole is horrid in comparison to ETpro, the hitboxes are just one of the issues we like to point out - it's like an act of community service, perhaps people will eventually realise how horrid etpub actually is and play etpro in preference.

Joke :D

^lol.

I like them. I think its good that the hit-boxes finally match up to the actual image of the person - it makes it easier to switch to CoD and other shooting games, as well as being less frustrating when you've got your aimer on someones head yet you're not actually hitting them.

Aus ET is pretty much dead. All the GA/CG fags will complain and the only way they know how to contribute is to nag and say "switch to ET pro" when half the time they can't even get a 3v3 going on wooducks. The majority of people who play on OZ are there because its a pretty lax environment and they're all used to ETpub. Changing the server to ETpro would lose atleast half of the remaining players, and I personally would prefer to listen to the oldfags complain than lose half a community.

Messenjah

I'm thankful you took time to make an account so you could reply. My stance however is not one is better than the other. Just that they are different.

If you are to point out the hitboxes in ETPub are shit; are you able to defend the position somehow that ETPro's are good? Because I can assure you they are both primitive and inaccurate.

Hitboxes should follow the player models exactly.

Personally, I don't care about the gameplay. ET is just a chat room to me now.