• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Whitelist Lifted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
We have run into a space issue, at time we are not sure if it is the host or us, hopefully can resolve this quickly.

In the meantime WhiteListed due to factions not running.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
I very much doubt a usable server build would be out yet, within the next few weeks I'm assuming, we haven't really talked about what's happening with 1.8.

We don't have to reset anything for it really, since temples will generate in unexplored oceans, and I think the same 'may' also work for the new cobblestones, though they are craftable, which is nice.

The only thing which might break is double flower top-halves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
At present time with the server, it appears to have wiped mcmmo stats due to the lack of space, I think this is due to with how it stores the data (terribly).

Munga911FTW

hmmm, I would rather have a reset because of mcmmo being reset.... I spent so much time on it! :( I had over 3k power lvl...

Munga911FTW

reset the world if all the f homes are unclaimed, then, if someone knew where my base or others, they can claim over it right when they get on.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Server un-whitelisted, All factions territory in wild was lost, as were auto messages a few other peculiar things. For the moment we will not be resetting. We are not sure what we will do when the server is updated, as of the moment we, along with everyone else, can't update to 1.8 due to a legal issue between one of the bukkit devs, mojang and spigot.

Shops disabled/blocked as is funworld portal.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
given the amount I've read on it, bukkits in a legal limbo. soon may well mean never. A group has started planning/working on a replacement, wonder how far that'll get given the last ones progress/hype.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
they are running 1.7.10 version which allows 1.8 clients to connect as well as 1.7.10s, though none of the new stuff is craftable or usable. This happened once before with 1.7 or something like that. A temporary solution. Plus getting it is interesting, not impossible, just difficult to a degree given the current dmca.

Spigot have and are working around it for the time being using a patch-based approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.