• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

A Journey to the End of Time

Baker Street

ET Moderator
A brilliantly produced 30 minute film with conjectures by the world's leading astrophysicists of what lies ahead for our amazing universe, right up to the end of time. (4K)

7 League Boots

Didnt watch the film (might do) but tbh sciences' explanation of the origins of the universe are about as believeable and provable, and quite possibly even further fetched, as one of those mesopotamian/anatolian civilisations creation stories of some god/s spunking in the sea - something to do with the froth as I recall - and thus life being brought forth.

Some famousy bloke or other once said the scientific version is about the most far-fetched story - I wouldn't go quite that far, but the view does have some merit. Certainly, when they start talking about the first few mico-seconds of the big bang, it does get uncomfortably close to christianity "and on the 2nd micro second, blah blah blah".

Personally I like the Men In Black explanation of the universes being held in a ball on a collar of a cat.

Let's be honest, man cannot ever really know what or where the universe is in the same way an ant cannot ever know about its life in an antfarm and what may or may not exist outside it.

Modern man has this notion of utter superiority to all other past humans and civilisations, but is very possibly more stupid, and blinded by his overweening arrogance and pride in 'progress'. 'Enlightened', and being more up to date 'progressive', are hardly humble terms, but as Democritus said all that time ago "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion".

Of course, the atom has proved to not be un-cuttable, yet the theory of empty space very much holds, so maybe with enough effort we can walk through walls. As Socrates also said, the more I know, the more I realise I don't know, but since it's all opinion maybe all these knocks on the head are ultimately helpful.