• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Abolisher needs a new computer

Abolisher

Administrator
ok guys i've been looking around but its quite hard i dont mind buying online and well lest just say mind = blown
so many differnt oppinions on whats good and whats bad

soo i though i'll ask you guys seeming we seem to know a fair bit about computers

i want a computer that i'll beable to upgrade over the years so that means a good powersupply and a recentish motherboard but i dont know what or what brand or what chip set!!!! it hurts interwebs-> :flamer: <-abolisher

so my budget is 500-650 i might go 700 if its werth the extra pennies
plz help this poor sole :banana:

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Abol, I respecced to Bieber recently & have to say its the best thing I have ever done.

Viva la Bieber! :banana:

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you need a whole pc(i.e. case, psu, inards, keyboard, mouse + monitor) or what mate?

For that money you could upgrade, not buy a new pc. 775 architecture fits the bill for that price range. Should get a decent quad core system for that money.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
New or second hand mate?

I have an account with OCAU which I can buy stuff second hand at good prices. Dont laugh, cheap upgrading is a good thing. Ive gone from a p4 to a q9550 with 8 gig of ram for not that much at all.

Abolisher

Administrator
a better computer with a cheap price sounds good horus i don't care im no overclocker only small tweak here n there

Antagonist

i to am in the market for a new computer.. just the guts as well.. my old computer is agp and outdated...
this is the place where is usually buy my parts from
www.ple.com.au
do they seem overpriced? ive been told there quite expensive.. interested in spending about a grand

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are going to buy retail, MSY is the place, theres others like Umart, Itestate and a heap of others. Even Centrecom are competative.

And Hicksie may be able to assist too!!

bonza

Antagonist said:
i to am in the market for a new computer.. just the guts as well.. my old computer is agp and outdated...
this is the place where is usually buy my parts from
http://www.ple.com.au
do they seem overpriced? ive been told there quite expensive.. interested in spending about a grand

Go to MSY technologies. Shitty website but they're the cheapest but far.

Do you need advice on parts?

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
-OZ-bonza said:
Go to MSY technologies. Shitty website but they're the cheapest but far.
They are the cheapest, but be prepared to be treated poorly.

About a year ago when i was respeccing to Beiber, I rang them up and got them to confirm they had all the bits I wanted. Went into the store, waited the 45 minutes in line & when I gave them the list of bits I wanted the guy shrugged his shoulders and said "we don't have that, that and that".

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU MSY!

That was at the ultimo store, I ended up buying the kit from auburn, which was slightly less retarded.

nelots

-OZ-noobItUp said:
That was at the ultimo store, I ended up buying the kit from auburn, which was slightly less retarded.
They probably use a state inventory list and whoever was on the phone probably had no idea Ultimo isn't in Auburn or it just happened to sell out during your wait :D

Joke :D

-OZ-noobItUp said:
[quote="-OZ-bonza":299xhfgc]Go to MSY technologies. Shitty website but they're the cheapest but far.
They are the cheapest, but be prepared to be treated poorly.

About a year ago when i was respeccing to Beiber, I rang them up and got them to confirm they had all the bits I wanted. Went into the store, waited the 45 minutes in line & when I gave them the list of bits I wanted the guy shrugged his shoulders and said "we don't have that, that and that".

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU MSY!

That was at the ultimo store, I ended up buying the kit from auburn, which was slightly less retarded.[/quote:299xhfgc]

dude go to IJK or auscomputersonline on liverpool road up in enfield, cheap stuff and that have almost anything you could want in a tight budget