• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Andy Rehfeldt

Joke :D

Has anyone seen heard of Andy Rehfeldt before?

He is a musician who isn't in any specific band, but spends his time/musical talent doing cover versions of famour songs, playing all the instruments himself and the putting them together into an acapella type thing.

Check out some of his other things on youtube, tis amazing

[youtube:28bbqv7i]eIzoWNQqnEQ[/youtube:28bbqv7i]

[youtube:28bbqv7i]pOX2iiaKKZo[/youtube:28bbqv7i]

G-Train

Enter Sandman was a fkn disgrace.

The Katie Perry song is both fkn awesome and deadset hilarious. While watching it her facial expressions and body language match the death metal vocals with eerie accuracy. And its a great perv :D

JoKeR

I still think the best cover of any song i've heard is Voodoo Child by Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Not taking anything away from Jimi but Stevie just did it so much better.

G-Train

JoKeR said:
I still think the best cover of any song i've heard is Voodoo Child by Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Yeah, that was a good cover. I reckon the best cover ever was sweet leaf by Ugly kid joe. Closely followed by Little Wing from Skid Row. If you havnt heard them and like Jimmy or Ozzie, i strongly recommend you check em out.

Joke :D

something a bit different

[youtube:sxgv0tkj]170p6OjeS3I[/youtube:sxgv0tkj]

[youtube:sxgv0tkj]KlA3p_3oojU[/youtube:sxgv0tkj]

Inglourious Basterd

JoKeR said:

I "feel" more from Jimi's original version than I do from Stevie's.. But I would never say one was "better" than the other.

http://www.voteasong.com/contest.php?v=zERfYsT8ke

Jimi Hendrix was a genius. SRV was a brilliant guitarist and played with great technical ability. (RIP to both of them)

Music is an art form and is not all about technical ability.

I'm saying this as a quitarist/musician/artist myself.. ( been playing for 30 years )

Jimi hendrix played with raw emotion, they way he expressed himself through his music was pure and honest.

If Hendix painted the original Mona Lisa, and then SRV ( or anyone else ) copied it a few years later with newer paint and finer brush stroke's doesn't necessarily make it better, but it surely is different. ( and only worth a fraction of what the original is )

Jimi Hendix was the Idol and Inspiration of alot of the great guitarists that followed him including SRV himself.

Heres a quote from SRV about Jimi...

Stevie Ray Vaugan said:
A lot of people tend to look somewhere else for something that they want to fix them. His music, though, is wonderful. It’s full of emotion. It’s full of fire. At different points it’s full of different things. It’s full of light and heavy things, you know, feelings. By “light feelings” I mean uplifting feelings, and “heavy” – well, you know what “heavy” means! It could mean anything from one day to the next, really. But I think a lot of people miss what his music was doing for them. A lot of new people are coming around to going, “What’s this?!” In very few instances has anybody surpassed what he did.
There is no one "best" guitarist or artist or musician in the world. They are all different in their own unique expression.

Some people like Mozart, some dont.... But he surely was a pure genius.

JoKeR

I get what you are saying dude. Trust me i love Jimi. For me personally Stevie just nailed that song.

It's like Jimi's cover of 'All along the watch tower'. Always thought that was miles better than Bob Dylans original :p

But i do get what you are saying, both were geniuses in their own right.

Inglourious Basterd

JoKeR said:
I get what you are saying dude. Trust me i love Jimi. For me personally Stevie just nailed that song.

It's like Jimi's cover of 'All along the watch tower'. Always thought that was miles better than Bob Dylans original :p

But i do get what you are saying, both were geniuses in their own right.
Yea, fair enough mate....

It all comes down to personal preference overall. What I'm basically saying that some people prefer Black and some people prefer white, which cancels out any one those color's being better than the other lol. You know what I mean aye. :D

PS. I love em both for their own unique artistic brilliance.

Inglourious Basterd

While on the subject of Jimi covers....

The late great Gary Moore ( RIP ) nails Red House with his own unique style...

[youtube:1u0p2ovh]tAd5ha41kWg[/youtube:1u0p2ovh]