• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

ASUS ENGTX260/HTDP/896M

SkankyMoe

Ive got 2 x Asus ENGTX260/HTDP/896M for trade/swap/4sale. Make an offer, lets go a deal.

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=Q067OADYwO4ko7Fe&templete=2

Specifications
Graphics Engine NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Bus Standard PCI Express 2.0
Video Memory DDR3 896MB
Engine Clock 576 MHz
Shader Clock 1.242 GHz

Memory Clock 1.998 GHz ( 999 MHz DDR3 )

RAMDAC 400MHz
Memory Interface 448-bit
CRT Max Resolution 2048 x 1536
DVI Max Resolution 2560 x 1600
D-Sub Output Yes x 1 (via DVI to D-Sub adaptor x 1 )

DVI Output Yes x 2 (DVI-I)

HDTV Output (YPbPr) Yes
HDCP Support Yes
TV Output Yes (YPbPr to S-Video and Composite)
Adapter/Cable Bundled 1 x DVI to D-Sub adaptor
1 x HDTV-out cable
1 x Power cable

Software Bundled ASUS Utilities & Driver

Note The card size is 4.376 inches x 10.5 inches

The Admiral

HDTV output = HDMI?

Tempting choice.

How about a 7300LE? Because we can all do the math. 260 x 2 = 520. 520 < 7300. Thus, you're getting a really good deal here dude.

morbit

i already have a gtx 280 lol i was picking at admiral

if was gtx 280 would maybe be interested, can pair up wid mine or tri up if ya had 2

The Admiral

Pfft. You're so noob morbit. My maths is perfect.

And my offer is a big! apple for two small! apples. Yours is like, an orange and some money for an apple. They can hardly be compared, silly!

So, when do you want the deal to go down Skanky? No point paying shipping when we live in the same city. I'm busy tomorrow, and probably thursday too, so maybe friday?

Lestat

you know all the GT series are rebadged 9 series right? and 9 series are rebadged 8 series? the only diff in the GT series is 1:dx 10.1(Dx 11 is comming out already)
2: cuda cores(bfd) 3:40nm and a hdmi port.

ati currently > nvidia (and i was an nvidia fanboi)

Nvida is doing the dirty and adding Minimal new tech to old card and calling them the "NEW GT series" when in fact they are all 8 series cards with just a new name and a couple of extra's. put the best ATI (ATI Radeon™ HD 5800) and the best nvida card side by side ATI will win.

The Admiral

That's because the ATI cards are more recent... of course they'll win.

That said, I entirely agree. ATI has had continual advances, due to them spending money on R&D as opposed to advertising.

Good to see the large number of Dell laptops using them now. Hopefully, the upcoming MacBook Pro's will have them too. More because I want one than for any other reason.

NVidia's market practices are getting low now. What with the 2003 case about them pressuring OEM's away from a dual-source operation (using ATI and NVidia cards for different models) and the debacle over the series 8, 9 and 200 cards.

ATI has 5 (i think? - 5750, 5770, 5850, 5870, 5970?) cards out already that support Dx 11, and have been driving the push to lower production size (they typically beat NVidia to release the smaller nm cards).

Specs of the 59x0 are crazy. Only for those playing Crysis full settings with like 80fps+.

It's disappointing to see that more game titles are going with PhysX though, and thus making NVidia cards look like the better choice. As much as I prefer ATI, I'd hate for NVidia to get knocked out. While Intel is doing there thing with graphics, they're hardly comparable to ATI and NVidia, and a single company in charge of the graphics market would be terrible.

Similarly, the major absence of ADM processors in laptops is quite disappointing. They make the good business move in buying ATI, but it'd be nicer if they'd pumped more money into R&D, and releasing some mobile CPU's. Especially considering that (I believe) more laptops are being bought than desktops - could swear it has been that way for quite a while now. Thus, the mobile processors are of considerably more importance than desktop based ones - though with desktop processors, you can charge far more, as gamers are making up more and more of the desktop users, aside from businesses. The fact that Intel already has 3 mobile i7 processors (720QM, 820QM, 920XM - high end chips), and another i7 and two i5's (less high-end) slated for release January 3rd, it's quite disappointing that either AMD have no comparable processors, or that so few notebook OEM's use them.

Note though, the only things I've looked at lately are Dell Studio's/XPS's, HP dv5/6/7, some ASUS's and the Apple Range. But still, it seems that mobile processors are fast becoming a single-company market.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
How much you actually want for one 260 Moe? Been wanting to upgrade from my 8800GTX for a while now. Been haunting OCAU a lot but no joy (pardon the pun) to date.