• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Best mobile Broadband for a Rural area?

Middy

so my blink mobile broadband plan ended so I told the call centre in downtown mumbai to shut that sh1t down! my dodo mobile phone plan ended as well and told them the same. Those internet co are kents they will just keep on charging you. Blink wasn't so good in the town im in, was always cutting in and out and would just stop transmitting data.

I'm in a mining town in WA so i checked coverage for diff internet companies and it sais some don't even cover here....but if blink does then they do cause they carry on the back of Optus like all the cheapies.

so I'm thinking of getting the telstra $50 plan for 8Gb for 12 months and buying my own dongle from ebay cause if i pay for the telstra dongle (which is supposed to be the latest aand pretty darn good) it will cost me an extra $13/month or some sh1t.

Your thoughts?? and would this dongle be good enough anyway for $30? 8Gb might not be enough..lol, dont want to pay more than $50/month. Telstra coverage sais I wont get 4G anyway where I am just 3G

is there a cheapie mobile broadband plan that works good in rural/remote areas....of WA?

nelots

is there a cheapie mobile broadband plan that works good in rural/remote areas....of WA?
OF COURSE THERE IS AND HERES HOW TO GET IT.

STEP 1: BUILD A TIME MACHINE

SOMETHING LIKE THIS WOULD DO.

STEP 2: TRAVEL 100+ YEARS INTO THE FUTURE

STEP 3: PICK ANY INTERNETS PROVIDER.

ITS THAT EASY!!!!!!

CBD PERTH DOESNT EVEN HAVE PROPER LANDLINE BROADBAND. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK RURAL WA WOULD HAVE ANYTHING BETTER THAN DIALUP OUTSIDE OF THE BIG MINING COMPANIES SHIT?

Middy

signed up with iinet (month-to-month mobile broadband plan) using one of best and latest unlocked dongle thingy aircards (ebay) ..getting over 4.5Mbps...it seems slow but usable..the aircard sais it's well into the 3G range and using band HSPA+ is like $35/month for 10gb

lesson...I think use Telstra mobile broadband for rural areas..all the geeks told me, I knew anyway but this way if i move to a metro area i can change isp's easily and go ADSL2+ cause I'm not locked in

Telstra mobile broadband plans at the moment are somethin like $35 for 4GB and $50 for 8GB locked in for 12 months. <- i nearly signed up especially when I couldn't get the new aircard to work with iinet and tech support was stumped (they use a south africa call centre and they're annoying) - downloaded firmware at work and installed on cp and it worked.

thoughts on the NBN?

Last edited: