• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

Blender - who uses it?

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trying to get my aged and infirm brain cells around using this programme. Hard when you left school in 1984 and havent done serious study since then.

Anyway - anyone use it?

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Allready bookmarked along with a lot of others. So much of the stuff on the net is for older versions lol...

Frogma

-OZ-Akh-Horus said:
Allready bookmarked along with a lot of others. So much of the stuff on the net is for older versions lol...
Your face is for older versions... of my fist.

Frogma

Sunncaeks said:
Real pros use FL Studio for their 3D graphics modelling.
I use FL Studio to model your face and then blender to model my fist and then I try to import my fist into FL Studio but it says it's incompatible so I use my real fist to smash my monitor in rage which means I have to go into the store to buy a new one which is where I accidentally bump into you, but when I say "accidentally" I actually mean "on purpose" and when I say "bump into you" I mean I smash your face with my fist, but I'm not done with you yet because I then film your broken face on the store camera that is hooked up to all the store TVs on the store wall and one-by-one I go through and smash every last one of them with my fist and then I get a lawsuit filed against me that I lose and means I have to pay a lot of money, but as it turns out I can't pay because this is not the first time i've flipped out and destroyed a plethora of man-made machines and so I don't have any money to my name, which really begs the question why I was shopping for a new monitor in the first place, but this plot hole appears so late in this dribble I call a narrative that noone will ever read far enough into this paragraph to spot it, and so I go to jail and reflect on my life of thuggery and uncontrolled rage.

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Entertaining a little but pointless - quite dissapointed in that post Rohan - certainly way down on your usual creative posts I have to say.

back on topic - Blender....?

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its all the shift/ALT/ctrl functions - zillions of them. Really hard getting started with it. I may have to play ET less and start concentrating more on blender.....so all your stats will suffer guys lol.

lithium

Yes blender has a steep learning curve, but realistically unless you've used a 3d modelling program before, any of them will have a steep learning curve. Your not 'required' to use the shift/alt/ctrl functions, everything is accessible through the ui, its just a lot more efficient to use shift/alt/ctrl functions :D

I've only run through some tutorials in Blender but overall I've found it quite impressive, and to use lame marketing speak 'extremely powerful'.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
never really was able to learn blender, maybe one day I'll wrap my head around it; 3ds on the other hand has become more and more straight-forward with each version.