• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

BP oil spill

Antagonist

wow.. it absolutely butchers WA pristine coast line... from moora to pinjarra... thats a long fucking way

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yer, when Mrs noob and I holidayed over in WA a few years back that was one of the things that was so impressive about WA, the beaches. The sand is so white.

Going over to rotnest was really cool too. Quokka football FTW!

nelots

That spill is nothing compared to Sydney's dioxin contamination.
At least with the oil spill you can see the effect immediately but we Sydney siders are unknowingly eating our contamination up fish by fish!

P.S - Anyone else laughing at James Cameron calling BP morons because they rejected his offer to film the leaks?

Death_Reincarnated

They asked him (James Cameron) for his epxerteise because he filmed few deep water exploration movies and such...he basically said; heres my collection knock yourself out...can I film this now?

superMINGE

Death_Reincarnated said:
They asked him (James Cameron) for his epxerteise because he filmed few deep water exploration movies and such...he basically said; heres my collection knock yourself out...can I film this now?

deep water exploration movies == ......TITANIC FTW! Titanic saves the world yet again.

On a side note, WTF would want to holiday at somewhere called Rotnest???? Must be called that for a reason ffs

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
-OZ-superMINGE said:
On a side note, WTF would want to holiday at somewhere called Rotnest???? Must be called that for a reason ffs
I must say mingey, you must never have visited. Its about the best destination I can think of for a family unit with a couple of kids aged 6-16.

[*]Big island, no animals apart from some friendly marsupials.
[*]Lots of family sized cabins
[*]awesome beaches
[*]bikes for hire at reasonable rates to tour about 10 km of awesome island
[*]kids cant escape beyond water boundaries.

Basically, parents hire bikes, tell kids to GTFO and EXPLORE!

nelots

-OZ-noobItUp said:
I must say mingey, you must never have visited. Its about the best destination I can think of for a family unit with a couple of kids aged 6-16.
Obviously you've never been to the Hamilton Islands.
Awesome beaches, free use of water equipment(kayaks, catamarans, boards, etc) but be sure to head back to shore before midday or you'll be hauling whatever you took out back since the water recedes and best of all throw them bikes away because the islands mode of transport is GOLF KARTS!!!!
Nothing better to cap off a days frolic in the water than by racing around the island trying to roll the karts with some downhill drifting(they're speed limited to 20km/hr) :)
Theres also this round about up the peak so you can practice those mean kart doughies.
Finally if you're lucky you'll be able to shotgun on the islands Audi R8 on the airport tarmac in between landings.

noobItUp

Super Moderator
Staff member
On the telly the other day I recall them saying it was now 3 times the size of the exon valdez spill.

nelots

Well exon was just one tanker whilst this is an entire oil reserve thats been leaking for the past few months.

bloodnut

ET Moderator
:S Well there goes the Sunshine Coast, Australia Zoo, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and the Darling Downs (farming territory). Yikes! We'll trade Ipswich for the West Coast of Florida :D