• Changes to Server go to this thread http://overzealousgamers.com/threads/etpub-changelog.6665/

bring back lvl 4 battle sense!!

Antagonist

hey guys just recently started playing again, was really enjoying it too till i was wondering what allies were doing instead of attacking i then went to spec and found like 5 of there 6 players were planting mines everywhere.. now im all for a bit of mine action.. but imo your recent removal of landmines (with lvl4 battle sense perk removed) has altered the play style of the server... all the allies seem to be defending :S trips me out a bit even when the server is in low numbers just about everyone is a rnader... once again im all for the rnade and by no means dissin
but... you lose the balance... all of a sudden engie is the dominant class and by alllllllllllong way dominant..
im also aware alot of your senior admins are BIG fans of engie and i sense a little favoritism (once again not having ago at anyone just saying)..

so the solution!!!
CHUCK BACK IN LANDMINE VIEW FOR LVL 4 BATTLE SENSE!!!
maybe even crank it up to 20k xp or something wierd
before axis turn into bigger wall leaners and allies forget their attacking :S and all were left with is a massive minefield and no action :<
<3 good to c you all again btw :p

Akh-Horus

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agree with this post.

I do loves me rnade but I for one back the idea of 20k XP allowing seeing mines.

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
Actually quite like it, its how it used to be, makes it an even playing field for anyone who has just joined, and adds an actual point to laying them; 'oh look little white cylinders over there, lets walk around', pointless, at least this way you/they have to think a little and not barge through.

As to 5-6 player planting mines, its set to 10 (default) so, is that half of a land mine each or something?

Allies defending? hmm seems to me they have always been defending (against axis spawn-campers), since then seen a fair few would-be campers be stopped mid way or even before reaching the spawn, so the planting spots are effective, whereas before they were infective and pointless as any clod could see them.

Engineer has never been the dominant class, on oz its medics that dominate. Engies are limited through rnades and mine limits, they take less damage from explosions which is rightly fair, they are their own class so they are kitted out to suit. But as you should be well enough aware of the fact that having xp save on 'breaks' the game and a lot of what is quite normally fair and balanced.

Take for example, you jump in, play for a few hours, get enough xp to see mines, all good, disconnect, perhaps play that server the next day and find the slog to level 4 battle sense awaiting you.

Whereas on OZ, you get it once you have it infinitely again untill you stay away for 3 months or reset your xp, so every time you have a game you can see these mine that the engineer has planted to protect his base and teammates or be placed in offensive spots which may come into play later in the game. If everyone can see them and jump over them or walk around, then whats the bloody point of engineers and covert ops spotting ability?

hmm, yes up the xp, that changes nothing, most players on the server already have over 20k xp in the skill anyway, so no actual change, that would just bring it to new players disadvantage.

once again 'massive minefield' 10 mines mate.

Black Racoon

Head Poncho
Staff member
I meant to post this earlier however Before I have a sleeps I will inform why I left it at it's current state. As you know rnade seems relatively balanced on normal servers without xp save as does panzer. So what happens on other xpsave servers to deal with teh upgrade of charge usage of these weapons. Well I foudn out that most servers are actually reducing the damage of these weapons so they can fire 2 instead of 1 shot faster but it does a bit less damage..

I personally think weapon damage editing is brutal. Panzer is explosive crazy weapon and should dominate when it hits you like normal / etmain / etpro / every default settings on every mod, as with rnade pineapple.

Heck, you've probably even see me Antagonist lean with rnade recently. IT can fired too often too quickly. SO without editing the weapon I foudn out that level 3 engineer is the reason it is being fired so quickly Since it reduces the cost of the firing of rnade.

A fix was implemented but unfortunately wasn't fully recognized that a client edit was needed. This was recently reduced back to it's normal state it has been for a while on the server due to the bugs it brought out in these weapons.

A coded is actually almost finished and will be released soon. It allows the enabling/disabling of any skill/section of any class with a simple cvar instead of us having to hard code on/off each skill each time (Which is not sensible).

Once this happens we may have slightly longer charge times (a bit closer to default charge time for the engineer class), just to balance it out, while trying to enable objective items even a bit less charge to ensure objectives are still pushed for (just an idea isn't planned for).

P.S A very similar issue was seen to be with panzer as well. Also for some reason the charge time on soldier is longer than default.. (or at least was for a period of time) Which will be resolved soon too. The cuase of this is level 1 Soldier.

Best Regards, BR

Antagonist

cccdfern said:
Actually quite like it, its how it used to be, makes it an even playing field for anyone who has just joined, and adds an actual point to laying them; 'oh look little white cylinders over there, lets walk around', pointless, at least this way you/they have to think a little and not barge through.

As to 5-6 player planting mines, its set to 10 (default) so, is that half of a land mine each or something?

Allies defending? hmm seems to me they have always been defending (against axis spawn-campers), since then seen a fair few would-be campers be stopped mid way or even before reaching the spawn, so the planting spots are effective, whereas before they were infective and pointless as any clod could see them.

Engineer has never been the dominant class, on oz its medics that dominate. Engies are limited through rnades and mine limits, they take less damage from explosions which is rightly fair, they are their own class so they are kitted out to suit. But as you should be well enough aware of the fact that having xp save on 'breaks' the game and a lot of what is quite normally fair and balanced.

Take for example, you jump in, play for a few hours, get enough xp to see mines, all good, disconnect, perhaps play that server the next day and find the slog to level 4 battle sense awaiting you.

Whereas on OZ, you get it once you have it infinitely again untill you stay away for 3 months or reset your xp, so every time you have a game you can see these mine that the engineer has planted to protect his base and teammates or be placed in offensive spots which may come into play later in the game. If everyone can see them and jump over them or walk around, then whats the bloody point of engineers and covert ops spotting ability?

hmm, yes up the xp, that changes nothing, most players on the server already have over 20k xp in the skill anyway, so no actual change, that would just bring it to new players disadvantage.

once again 'massive minefield' 10 mines mate.
ha you must be the man who implemented it judging by the response..
but im sorry fern i disagree completely with what you said, mines have always been able to be seen in pubs ALWAYS.. the old 6 map campaigns and 3 maps always gave you ample time to get lvl 4 battle sense (most ppl got it within a map or 2)

Yes "Engineer" is a very dominant class.. probably the best class in the game, a good engie will destroy a medic every time i dont think there limited at all with 8 riflenades, 8 normal nades, a garand which takes 5 shots to kill and the mine factor
and the mines my dear boy.. even the best of medics with lvl 4 bs will always run over a few mines whether he can seem em or not it happens.. u might be jumping down a hill or something on the go and BANG into a pack of mines... perfectly places mines at any location whether u can see em or not will always get results

Clearly your problem is with the XP save of the server perhaps that should be the thing we are looking at? perhaps a reset every month? i personally miss the old days of fighting for my xp. LOVED the challenge of starting a new campaign, everyone on 0xp and battery is starting.. such good times

BTW i bet you play engineer alot fern am i right?

i0nwr1t3r

Nah that's me on rnade mate , but good shot.

Only level 4 Covie's can see mines , we're trying the "do more than sniping approach" atm.

What is always certain meds will self pack & engineers will plant mines in predictable spots whether or not you can actually see ,
just assume there's one there anyway. :rnade:

cccdfern

Administrator
Staff member
not an engy player mate, thats only in bf1942... anyway, nah I enjoy covy a fair amount, but will change if necessary.
whats wrong with a server being apart from the rest eh?

just sick of how much QQ emanates from players these days

Antagonist

wasnt a QQ was just an opinion i set forth and wondered how everyone else feels about it.. im sorry you find it so offensive

na.t311

cccdfern said:
nah I enjoy covy a fair amount, but will change if necessary.
BS, your always panzer, lol.

Anyway, maybe lowering the damage of the mines a little bit could be a fix, maybe 1 mine can leave you with 20-30 health.

That's my opinion.

G-Train

Gotta agree with Dougo.

Playing allies was bad enough before with no kent attacking, now everyone is too fookin scared to leave spawn.

I love playing as allies but its getting pretty annoying.

Just my 2.2c(GST inclusive)

moncler8849

I agree with dougo, there's always 1 engy who plants a sh!tload of mines in the most spastic of places. And tbh a well placed mine, eg: a mine in a bush. will get anyone aslong as it's placed right... And even if we all can see mines you always hit the odd one anyway, its not like we all walk around a map, but instead moving a bit more swiftly with less care.

Rainbow

Allied Engi's are always going to sit back, mine the fook out of a doorway, and sit there for the remainder of map proned with an R-nade.

Welcome back Ulti